This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Not sure how I feel about my Mewtwo...

#1Tifas_ManPosted 4/24/2014 7:48:41 AM
I'm new to this game and I haven't played a pokemon game since the first gen, so I don't understand IV or EV at all. I caught a quiet Mewtwo with these stats (i used him a bit, if that matters):

HP: 252
Atk: 177
Def: 154
Sp. Atk: 266
Sp. Def: 154
Speed: 189

So, I guess I'm trying to ask if it is worth keeping or if I should start my game over and try again.
---
PSN: AwesomeAsFozzy
THAT'S RIGHT!!! RUN YOU B*******!!!! I'M COMING FOR YOU ALL!!!!
#2Chaosmaster00Posted 4/24/2014 7:50:50 AM
Yes, it does matter that you used him, because of EV's.

However, I don't recommend starting over unless you're that serious about getting an absolutely flawless Mewtwo. I got a Serious one with HP Flying (max HP ATK and DEF), and I'm perfectly fine with him.
---
3DS FC: 1590-4884-9269 | PKMN X - IGN: Sapphire (Shiny Charm obtained: 2/5/2014)
Friend Safari: Fire - Growlithe, Charmeleon, Braixen | TSV: 401
#3SilverZangoosePosted 4/24/2014 7:52:23 AM
Take him to the man with the purple hair in the Kiloude City Pokemon Center. He will tell you which stats are his best (those stats have max IVs). If one of those stats is Attack, you're Mewtwo is pretty bad. Ideally you'd want HP, Sp. Atk and Speed, since you're guaranteed three, although any others would be good too.

Quiet is not a good nature anyway, since you lose speed, so I definitely wouldn't use this Mewtwo if you're thinking of playing seriously. It'll be good enough for fun battles against friends though.
---
Zangoose is the one good Pokemon that came after Gen 1, everything else about Gen 3, as well as gens 2, 4, 5 and 6 is awful. I do not like Gen 3, just Zangoose.
#4BallinariPosted 4/24/2014 7:55:24 AM(edited)
What is the level? Still 70?

I mean what does the IV checker says? Because all the stats but Attack are over the max IV for Quiet. If its still 70 and assuming you have little EVs in them, then you might have a good Mewtwo IV wise... (barring Nature)
---
http://www.interbasket.net/news/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/danilo_gallinari.jpg
#5BallinariPosted 4/24/2014 7:56:14 AM
SilverZangoose posted...
Take him to the man with the purple hair in the Kiloude City Pokemon Center. He will tell you which stats are his best (those stats have max IVs). If one of those stats is Attack, you're Mewtwo is pretty bad. Ideally you'd want HP, Sp. Atk and Speed, since you're guaranteed three, although any others would be good too.

Quiet is not a good nature anyway, since you lose speed, so I definitely wouldn't use this Mewtwo if you're thinking of playing seriously. It'll be good enough for fun battles against friends though.

I can tell you for a fact that Attack won't be one of the IVs maxxed.
---
#6KingHieiPosted 4/24/2014 8:01:34 AM(edited)
Tifas_Man posted...
I'm new to this game and I haven't played a pokemon game since the first gen, so I don't understand IV or EV at all. I caught a quiet Mewtwo with these stats (i used him a bit, if that matters):

HP: 252
Atk: 177
Def: 154
Sp. Atk: 266
Sp. Def: 154
Speed: 189

So, I guess I'm trying to ask if it is worth keeping or if I should start my game over and try again.

WHOA, AwesomeAsFozzy? I met you in Playstation Home before! I was using my Paramore_RIOT account and my girlfriend is LisaxLoser. We encountered you multiple times. If you remember, I was in all black and usually had fallen angel wings.

How does this **** happen, I don't even...
---
PSN: Toonami3000 Steam ID: VForVincent91
3DS FC: 2595-0594-0557 Pokemon IGN: Vincent
#7Tifas_Man(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2014 11:04:58 AM
Yeah, this Mewtwo is still level 70. So, I should start a new game then? I'm wanting to aim for a flawless, or near perfect Mewtwo.
---
PSN: AwesomeAsFozzy
THAT'S RIGHT!!! RUN YOU B*******!!!! I'M COMING FOR YOU ALL!!!!
#8LaihendiPosted 4/24/2014 11:22:33 AM
Tifas_Man posted...
Yeah, this Mewtwo is still level 70. So, I should start a new game then? I'm wanting to aim for a flawless, or near perfect Mewtwo.

why would you start over the entire game rather than just save right before mewtwo and keep soft resetting until you get a good one?

no offense intended, but you seem kind of clueless about this game based on your posts in this thread, which means that even with a perfect mewtwo you probably wouldn't do well in online battles with it, which is why i recommend that you don't restart your game for one. my advice is to keep your current save file, do some research on the metagame, figure the basics, practice battling with some competitive non-legendary pokemon that you can breed, and then if you really want a competitive mewtwo (which can only be used in unranked battle spot battles unless you find someone willing to battle ubers) maybe you can transfer your pokemon to the pokebank and start a new game.

if you're not going to battle online though then it really doesn't matter what kind of stats your mewtwo has.
#9KingHieiPosted 4/24/2014 11:29:10 AM(edited)
A new game for MewTwo? I'd only do it if you have plans to get competitive with it and REALLY want it. Make sure to store your valuables in the Bank or trade them to a friend to hold. (I'd be willing to hold on to whatever you want if you need it)

EDIT : The above poster made a lot of good points. I definitely recommend doing your research because if you don't want to play competitively, it doesn't really matter if your MewTwo is considered 'flawless' or not.
---
PSN: Toonami3000 Steam ID: VForVincent91
3DS FC: 2595-0594-0557 Pokemon IGN: Vincent
#10BallinariPosted 4/24/2014 11:30:41 AM(edited)
I wouldn't start the game over. Though it would be nice to see what the purple haired man in the Kiloude City Pokemon Center says about your Mewtwo though. I think there's a chance of it being good IV wise.
---