This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

C/D: Sucker Punch should have +2 priority

#31WindyligthPosted 4/26/2014 7:53:38 PM(edited)
Who was the f*** that said +2 Sucker Punch would break the meta?

"Yeah, I was totally gonna take out that Megawile with Extreme Speed, but I forgot about the Sucker Punch buff."

Really? Is it that much of a clutch move? Use f***ing toxic or switch or something. It's not like you can't see it coming from a mile away.
---
I am here to promote the discussion and appreciation of Delphox.
#32J_Applei(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2014 7:42:37 PM
Windyligth posted...
Who was the f*** that said +2 Sucker Punch who break the meta?

"Yeah, I was totally gonna take out that Megawile with Extreme Speed, but I forgot about the Sucker Punch buff."

Really? Is it that much of a clutch move? Use f***ing toxic or switch or something. It's not like you can't see it coming from a mile away.

This guy gets it.
---
"A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever." -Shigeru Miyamoto
#33zelionxPosted 4/26/2014 7:46:32 PM
J_Applei posted...
Windyligth posted...
Who was the f*** that said +2 Sucker Punch who break the meta?

This guy gets it.

Ok. Explain why sucker punch needs to be buffed. The burden of proof falls on the ones who want to make the change. And don't use "because i dont want it to fail after being hit by priority" because that makes it balanced. What's that saying again: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" Sucker Punch is already a good move so there is no point in buffing it
---
FC: 5412-9925-4803 IGN: Justin
screw the mavs
#34WindyligthPosted 4/26/2014 7:51:58 PM
The whole idea of SP is that it gets to hit you before you attack me, but only if you attack me.

Don't you want to live in a world where Sucker Punch beats Brave Bird? Quick Attack? Extreme Speed? It doesn't make much sense for Sucker Punch to go after those moves do (we're assuming here that the SP user is slower).
---
#35zelionxPosted 4/26/2014 7:55:26 PM
Windyligth posted...
The whole idea of SP is that it gets to hit you before you attack me, but only if you attack me.

Don't you want to live in a world where Sucker Punch beats Brave Bird? Quick Attack? Extreme Speed? It doesn't make much sense for Sucker Punch to go after those moves do (we're assuming here that the SP user is slower).

Does it matter? How is Sucker Punch being outsped by a handful of moves such a big problem for you?
---
screw the mavs
#36WindyligthPosted 4/26/2014 7:59:32 PM
Because Talonflame is in a s***load of games.

It's not a big problem. The only poke I run that carries Sucker Punch is my singles Megawile. But it's something that shouldn't happen.

You know how Rock Tomb got a small buff? This is similar.
---
#37J_Applei(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2014 8:07:29 PM
zelionx posted...
Ok. Explain why sucker punch needs to be buffed. The burden of proof falls on the ones who want to make the change. And don't use "because i dont want it to fail after being hit by priority" because that makes it balanced. What's that saying again: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" Sucker Punch is already a good move so there is no point in buffing it

It doesn't need to be buffed. It would just make more sense if it got this buff. Plus it's not like it'd be game-breaking or anything because it still retains its dark typing and 8 PP.
---
"A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever." -Shigeru Miyamoto
#38zelionxPosted 4/26/2014 8:08:31 PM
J_Applei posted...
zelionx posted...

It doesn't need to be buffed. It would just make more sense if it got this buff. Plus it's not like it'd be game-breaking or anything because it still retains its dark typing and 8 PP.

>pokemon
>sense

you can only pick one
---
screw the mavs
#39J_Applei(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2014 8:10:39 PM
zelionx posted...
J_Applei posted...
zelionx posted...

>pokemon
>sense

you can only pick one

I was wondering when somebody was going to resort to this. >_>
---
#40LordChewbaccaPosted 4/26/2014 8:16:25 PM
J_Applei posted...
zelionx posted...

Under these changes would it still act as per only dealing damage if the opponent uses an attacking move? Reading this topic makes me think people just want it to be a +2 priority attack like extreme speed but with the bonus of being dark type.
---
Lv61 Zero build:
http://www.bl2skills.com/assassin.html#000000000055053105015505515401