This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

C/D: Sucker Punch should have +2 priority

#41WindyligthPosted 4/26/2014 8:19:45 PM
zelionx posted...
>pokemon
>sense

This is a poor poor poor poor POOR argument.

Alright. Let's let Fire type hit Water for SE. CAUSE F*** COMMON SENSE, IT'S POKEMON.
---
I am here to promote the discussion and appreciation of Delphox.
#42J_Applei(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2014 8:23:49 PM
LordChewbacca posted...
J_Applei posted...
zelionx posted...
Ok. Explain why sucker punch needs to be buffed. The burden of proof falls on the ones who want to make the change. And don't use "because i dont want it to fail after being hit by priority" because that makes it balanced. What's that saying again: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" Sucker Punch is already a good move so there is no point in buffing it

It doesn't need to be buffed. It would just make more sense if it got this buff. Plus it's not like it'd be game-breaking or anything because it still retains its dark typing and 8 PP.

Under these changes would it still act as per only dealing damage if the opponent uses an attacking move? Reading this topic makes me think people just want it to be a +2 priority attack like extreme speed but with the bonus of being dark type.

That would still apply obviously. If it didn't then why would it be called Sucker Punch?
---
"A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever." -Shigeru Miyamoto
#43Snorlax_exlaxPosted 4/26/2014 8:25:27 PM
Windyligth posted...
zelionx posted...
>pokemon
>sense

This is a poor poor poor poor POOR argument.

Only if you're a giant hard ass, who gets pent up about video games.
---
I am Samurai Flamenco
http://goo.gl/omB1mQ /// http://goo.gl/qjI996
#44Pram_the_OraclePosted 4/26/2014 8:27:43 PM
Nah

You still need to prepare for the attack in order to get ready to land the hit.

An attack that is too fast to counter can't be countered.

It's not like Sucker Punch is a trap that automatically triggers, it's a physical action done by the pokemon. Of course if it's too slow it can't nail the enemy first.
---
Natwaf congratulates raytan, Winner of the CB IX Guru contest!
And not an anthropomorphic personification
#45zelionxPosted 4/26/2014 8:29:44 PM
Pram_the_Oracle posted...
Nah

You still need to prepare for the attack in order to get ready to land the hit.

An attack that is too fast to counter can't be countered.

It's not like Sucker Punch is a trap that automatically triggers, it's a physical action done by the pokemon. Of course if it's too slow it can't nail the enemy first.

This

It would make more "sense" for sucker punch to be zero priority because a pokemon like mawile that is slow AF wouldn't be able to ambush a fast pokemon like talonflame even without gale wings irl
---
FC: 5412-9925-4803 IGN: Justin
screw the mavs
#46J_Applei(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2014 8:33:05 PM
zelionx posted...
It would make more "sense" for sucker punch to be zero priority because a pokemon like mawile that is slow AF wouldn't be able to ambush a fast pokemon like talonflame even without gale wings irl

But that makes too much sense for Pokemon.
---
"A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever." -Shigeru Miyamoto
#47zelionxPosted 4/26/2014 8:35:48 PM
J_Applei posted...
zelionx posted...

But that makes too much sense for Pokemon.

Ok
---
FC: 5412-9925-4803 IGN: Justin
screw the mavs
#48J_Applei(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2014 8:43:37 PM
zelionx posted...
Ok

BurnedPotatoes posted...
Ok

---
#49zane0144Posted 4/26/2014 8:43:56 PM
I think a lot of people in this topic don't realize that Sucker Punch fails if something uses Quick attack and outspeeds it. That being said, D

D D Deny
---
3DS FC: 1590-5189-0827; IGN Zane
Official Bug-Type Gym leader of the MGM GFAQS Pokeleague
#50J_Applei(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2014 8:50:38 PM
zane0144 posted...
I think a lot of people in this topic don't realize that Sucker Punch fails if something uses Quick attack and outspeeds it. That being said, D

D D Deny

Which was the point of this buff. So it wouldn't fail when an opponent is using an attacking move (unless the opponent uses Extremespeed or Sucker Punch and is faster or uses Fake Out).
---