This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I told a kid to "git gud" the hard way.

#1MetalgenesisPosted 4/26/2014 7:04:38 PM
Ok, he was a teenager, but still, he needed the shove. Swept his un-EV trained, non-IV bred, bad natured, rain team with a galvantula and goodra.

Afterwards I explained breeding, how natures worked, and how to horde EV train. Gave him my extra 6IV Ditto and a scyther with pokerus.

/blogfaqs
---
3DS FC: 1805-2186-8045 Better goomy yourself before you doomy yourself.
#2FuneralCakePosted 4/26/2014 7:07:08 PM
OK
---
LA LA LA LA LA LOVE ME LOVE ME LOVE ME LIKE IT'S PROM NIGHT
| 3DS FC: 3437 - 4335 - 3104 | | Friend Safari: Panpour, Wartortle, Frogadier |
#3MtvnPosted 4/26/2014 7:09:00 PM
No vid?
/thread
---
3DS FC 4854-7381-5816; IGN: Mtvn: Official Water-type Gym Leader of GFAQS MGM PokeLeague Battle Style 3v3 singles Gym status temporarily closed
#4WindyligthPosted 4/26/2014 7:09:56 PM
The whole reason Showdown exists is so that people don't have to put up with mindless bulls*** like breeding and EV training.

You should have told him about that.
---
I am here to promote the discussion and appreciation of Delphox.
#5Metalgenesis(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2014 7:21:00 PM
I actually did point him towards showdown. Also, breeding and ev training isn't hard this gen. Thank you destiny knot and horde battles.

Also, there is really no reason to post a vid. If you want a good idea of what happened, just go play on unranked battlespot.
---
3DS FC: 1805-2186-8045 Better goomy yourself before you doomy yourself.
#6Lucario39Posted 4/26/2014 8:42:49 PM
Metalgenesis posted...
Ok, he was a teenager, but still, he needed the shove. Swept his un-EV trained, non-IV bred, bad natured, rain team with a galvantula and goodra.

Afterwards I explained breeding, how natures worked, and how to horde EV train. Gave him my extra 6IV Ditto and a scyther with pokerus.

/blogfaqs

I wouldn't really call that the hard way. You showed him the difference, taught him how to get better, and gave him the tools to do it.

Which I applaud you for. Not too many people would go out of their way to do something like that. Kudos to you, TC. :)
---
Official Fighting-Type Gym Leader of MGM GFAQS Pokeleague
Come visit us on the Battle Boards! FC:0774-4449-5042 FS: Fairy (Spritzee, Snubbull, Floette)
#7SpoonMan54321Posted 4/26/2014 8:58:16 PM
similar story-
I had a types battle with a guy from work. we drew random types, he picked dark and i picked psychic. we each spent a week to plan and build our teams and then had the battle. i thought i was screwed... then my leftovers, block, toxic, slack off, surf slowbro literally walled his entire team to death. it was pretty sad. i looked at his team afterwards and he had an adamant mega houndoom with only fire moves and sunny day... among other hilarious choices.

i didn't give him a 6iv ditto, but i did tell him we can't battle anymore until he learns how to pokemon.
---
...and bababooey to y'all
0946-2391-1483 - In-game name is "Y!"