This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do people complain about Mega Mawile's Sucker Punch being "too strong"?

#11Lord_ChivalryPosted 4/26/2014 7:56:18 PM
CakeOfLies posted...
Lord_Chivalry posted...
CakeOfLies posted...
gamemaster712 posted...
So it can sword dance and play rough...
Yay.

No. It uses Sucker Punch, but fails.

If you have WOW you can neuter it.

If you use WOW, it just wrecks you with Play Rough after you miss.

IF you miss.
---
Gardevoir is the leading cause of death for Meowstic males. Don't try to set up switch out.
Flying safari FC:0490-6372-6266
#12zelionxPosted 4/26/2014 7:57:03 PM
Windyligth posted...
zelionx posted...
Why do people complain about it being too weak?

It is perfectly fine the way it is. It doesn't need +2 priority

Because Talonflame beats it, and that is beyond r*****ed.

Not really
---
FC: 5412-9925-4803 IGN: Justin
screw the mavs
#13FuneralCakePosted 4/26/2014 8:00:26 PM
Lord_Chivalry posted...
CakeOfLies posted...
Lord_Chivalry posted...
CakeOfLies posted...
gamemaster712 posted...
So it can sword dance and play rough...
Yay.

No. It uses Sucker Punch, but fails.

If you have WOW you can neuter it.

If you use WOW, it just wrecks you with Play Rough after you miss.

IF you miss.

It's only 85% accurate. You WILL miss.

That's like 15% accurate as far as the game is concerned.
---
LA LA LA LA LA LOVE ME LOVE ME LOVE ME LIKE IT'S PROM NIGHT
| 3DS FC: 3437 - 4335 - 3104 | | Friend Safari: Panpour, Wartortle, Frogadier |
#14WindyligthPosted 4/26/2014 8:04:16 PM
The whole idea of SP is that if (AND ONLY IF) you attack me, I get to hit you first. Like, you know, an actual sucker punch. Hit you when you don't expect it.

Stuff like fast priority users (and there's a good bit in this gen) will hit you first just on technicality, and that's stupid.
---
I am here to promote the discussion and appreciation of Delphox.
#15zelionxPosted 4/26/2014 8:05:52 PM
Windyligth posted...
The whole idea of SP is that if (AND ONLY IF) you attack me, I get to hit you first. Like, you know, an actual sucker punch. Hit you when you don't expect it.

Stuff like fast priority users (and there's a good bit in this gen) will hit you first just on technicality, and that's stupid.

The whole point of a sucker punch is that you throw a cheap shot before the opponent gets a chance to attack. If the opponent uses an attack with priority, the cheap shot is thrown too late and it doesn't work
---
screw the mavs
#16Missingno_MastrPosted 4/26/2014 8:07:29 PM
My Rhydon can take a Sucker Punch from a Mega Mawile after it used Swords Dance with no problem. Yeah, Mega Mawile's Sucker Punch is not really an issue for me.
---
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9247960/1/404-Error
http://gottaglitchemall.smackjeeves.com/
#17WindyligthPosted 4/26/2014 8:11:24 PM
zelionx posted...
Windyligth posted...

The whole point of a sucker punch is that you throw a cheap shot before the opponent gets a chance to attack. If the opponent uses an attack with priority, the cheap shot is thrown too late and it doesn't work

And that's why SP should hit before a Talon BB. Instead, it's the other way around. Brave Bird has become the cheap shot, hitting me before I can attack. I think most players would agree with me, that that is what Brave Bird has become.
---
#18zelionxPosted 4/26/2014 8:13:50 PM
Windyligth posted...
zelionx posted...
Windyligth posted...

And that's why SP should hit before a Talon BB. Instead, it's the other way around. Brave Bird has become the cheap shot, hitting me before I can attack. I think most players would agree with me, that that is what Brave Bird has become.

You know, there are many ways to deal with talonflame without buffing a move that doesn't need to be buffed. It's not that hard
---
screw the mavs
#19WindyligthPosted 4/26/2014 8:14:02 PM
Missingno_Mastr posted...
My Rhydon can take a Sucker Punch from a Mega Mawile after it used Swords Dance with no problem. Yeah, Mega Mawile's Sucker Punch is not really an issue for me.

Exactly. Sucker Punch is not an issue for pretty much everyone. No one's about to clutch the game with a Quick Attack hitting that Toxicroak first.
---
#20WindyligthPosted 4/26/2014 8:16:56 PM
zelionx posted...
You know, there are many ways to deal with talonflame without buffing a move that doesn't need to be buffed. It's not that hard

You're preaching to the choir. People act like Talon is Bird Jesus, but a rock move easily stops it. Plus that Chairizard syndrome.

The idea is that stuff like that shouldn't happen though.
---