This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any advice for a Sun Team?

#1Kitsune_BluePosted 4/29/2014 7:35:18 PM
I would really like to use Ninetales on a sun team, but I am having trouble filling in the gaps as to what my other pokemon should be.

So far I have a Chlorophyll Venusaur with Sludge Bomb, Hidden Power (Fire), Growth and Giga Drain @ Life Orb

A Heliolisk with Volt Switch, Thunderbolt, Dark Pulse and Grass Knot @ Choice Band

A Charizard Y with Flare Blitz, Earthquake, Solar Beam, and Dragon Pulse @ Charizardite Y

A Cloyster with Icicle Spear, Rock Blast, Rapid Spin, Shell Smash @ King's Rock

A Goodra with Flamethrower, Dragon Tail, Dragon Pulse and Thunder Bolt @ Assault Vest

Looking for imput as to how I should build this sun team. What pokes should I add, which should I remove? How can I balance it? Thanks.
---
FC: 0173-2454-5598
#2pkivysaurPosted 4/29/2014 8:09:04 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#3pkivysaurPosted 4/29/2014 8:11:01 PM
One word:

LILLIGANT

Replace heliolisk with her, as she can benefit much more with chlorophyll and quiver dance with sleep powder
---
"I'll hone my mind and become one with Pokemon!" ~ Unova Pokemon Champion Iris
IGN & FC: Nick, 184825901230
#4GloryChaosPosted 4/29/2014 8:15:20 PM(edited)
Everybody except for Cloyster is walled by Chansey.

pkivysaur posted...
One word:

LILLIGANT

Replace heliolisk with her, as she can benefit much more with chlorophyll and quiver dance with sleep powder

She only gets grass attacks and hidden power. Lilligant has worse coverage than leafeon, so you're walled by half the pokedex. Eliminating her counters means beating her opponent. And you only want to carry so many speedy sweepers who gets checked by talonflame (you can do what some volcoronas do and carry hp rock).

Sun benefits from having hazards on the opponent's field, so you'll want an SR user. I know you're using Char Y, but Char X is probably a better drought team pokemon. While he doesn't put sunlight up, the offensive presence he gives you just from having sunlight up is immense.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png
#5LRodCPosted 4/29/2014 10:24:23 PM
Use Groudon. Doesn't give a f*** about Talonflame.
---
3DS FC: 1461-6200-7452
GameFAQs: Moderating you for your opinion since 1999.
#6Corporal_CorpulPosted 4/29/2014 10:26:13 PM
Why do you have Cloyster on it?
---
If you can't see them, then they can't see you...
Does that mean blind people are invisible?
#7TropiOUsPosted 4/29/2014 10:31:35 PM
the most important one is
do not use Ninetales
---
Yes, I'm that guy from Smogon. 80% of my posts are troll posts. I HATE DRUDDIGON