This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So what IS "fairy" type?

#11Real_ZaberzPosted 4/30/2014 10:17:03 AM
They are fluffy.
---
inb4 Post
#12Teh_TiltyuPosted 4/30/2014 10:20:58 AM
they're fabulous
---
King of Fighters is objectively the best franchise.
"Mounted Emblem: Sigurdology of the Holsety War" - heavylobsterguy
#13SalsaSavantPosted 4/30/2014 10:23:23 AM
Fairy as a type seems to be a combination of the classic "faeies" and the more modern depiction of fairies.

Classically, Fairies are tricksters with magical powers. They were weak to steel and would sometimes aid heroes in their quests, with their magical assistance often being integral. In stories with dragons, Fairy magic was often useful because dragons are traditionally weak to magic.
---
For all your Smash speculation needs: a list of all possible tie-in dates!
http://tinyurl.com/l5tmf42
#14paiprPosted 4/30/2014 11:46:49 AM
SalsaSavant posted...
Fairy as a type seems to be a combination of the classic "faeies" and the more modern depiction of fairies.

Classically, Fairies are tricksters with magical powers. They were weak to steel and would sometimes aid heroes in their quests, with their magical assistance often being integral. In stories with dragons, Fairy magic was often useful because dragons are traditionally weak to magic.

pretty good summary. i wish the fairy types we got (new ones at least) had more of this concept in their design. While I do enjoy many of the fairy type designs, I wanted something more magical....instead we got alot of pink.
---
.....said an 30 year old married guy driving a van part time for a living
fc:0602-6823-9646, SV:932,FS:electric. my wifes 0146.9112.0071
#15ZaeleonyxPosted 4/30/2014 8:00:29 PM
paipr posted...
SalsaSavant posted...

pretty good summary. i wish the fairy types we got (new ones at least) had more of this concept in their design. While I do enjoy many of the fairy type designs, I wanted something more magical....instead we got alot of pink.

I really think that mega absol was a missed opportunity for being dark/fairy
---
3DS FC: 5215-0994-1860
Bug Safari- Ledyba, Illumise, Pinsir
#16WetstewPosted 5/3/2014 7:00:48 PM
Dante2049 posted...
Hunter_mk posted...
, dragons are weak to magic

K use a fire spell on a fire dragon or a water spell on a water dragon then.

That's a fire or water spell. Fairy is more like "element less" magic.

As for why it's super effective with dark is that Dark types revolve around dirty fighting and tricks, fairies are tricksters by nature so they 'outplay' Dark types.
---
For every good thing in life, there is one indirect link to a photo service. -eco master