This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Yay or nay: Pokemon Colosseum remake for 3DS

#21R-A-VPosted 5/3/2014 8:36:15 PM
FuneralCake posted...
Xenesis Xenon posted...
You should feel bad possessing that opinion.

I will never, ever feel bad for not liking a terrible game. Never.

But you should.
#22Xenesis XenonPosted 5/3/2014 8:36:26 PM
FuneralCake posted...
Xenesis Xenon posted...
You should feel bad possessing that opinion.

I will never, ever feel bad for not liking a terrible game. Never.

Good thing it's a great game, then. :V
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#23MissCarriagePosted 5/3/2014 8:36:45 PM
FuneralCake posted...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc

That game was absolutely terrible.

I thought the same thing as I was playing it, but now it holds a lot of nostalgic value for me!

I think games just get better over time for me because I LOVE nostalgic things. I definitely remember hating the game though, so much that I didn't even bother buying or renting GoD.
---
FC: 2981-5975-5185
Poison above all else.
#24MissCarriagePosted 5/3/2014 8:39:05 PM
I don't think you guys should bag on FuneralCake.

I consider myself a lover of all games since I wasn't exposed to very many as a child. Yet even with the little knowledge that I possessed at the time, I thought Colosseum was terrible, especially compared to Stadium and Stadium 2.

And this was coming from a girl who enjoyed Barbie Riding Club, so if that's telling you something...
---
Poison above all else.
#25FuneralCakePosted 5/3/2014 8:39:31 PM
R-A-V posted...
But you should.

I don't, and none of any of your nostalgia-driven BS is going to convince me other wise.

Xenesis Xenon posted...
Good thing it's a great game, then.

No, good thing it's my opinion.

MissCarriage posted...
I thought the same thing as I was playing it, but now it holds a lot of nostalgic value for me!

And this right here is why people like the game. It was never a good game, but your nostalgia makes you love it. You look past all the crap and only see "I REMEMBER PLAYING THIS WHEN I WAS A KID IT WAS SOOOOOOOOOO GRATE!"
---
kao de waratte, kokoro de naite
| 3DS FC: 3437 - 4335 - 3104 | | Friend Safari: Panpour, Wartortle, Frogadier |
#26Xenesis XenonPosted 5/3/2014 8:53:02 PM(edited)
It wasn't trying to be Stadium or Stadium 2. It's a bad Stadium game, because it wasn't trying to be Stadium. That much is obvious.

It was Pokemon doing something fresh in a main-game. As someone who was thoroughly sick of the 'beat the 8 gyms and become a master while you steamroll terrible AI teams', it was nothing short of a breath of fresh air and was enjoyable to play in a way that no Pokemon game since has replicated.

MissCarriage posted...
nostalgic value

I replayed the whole thing just before the release of XY. Still enjoyed it.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#27R-A-VPosted 5/3/2014 8:43:52 PM
It has nothing to do with nostalgia. that's definitely what people use to convince someone as a reason to like a game

It has to do with an awesome 3D game with good music, interesting plot and something different.
#28MissCarriagePosted 5/3/2014 8:47:59 PM
FuneralCake posted...
MissCarriage posted...

And this right here is why people like the game. It was never a good game, but your nostalgia makes you love it. You look past all the crap and only see "I REMEMBER PLAYING THIS WHEN I WAS A KID IT WAS SOOOOOOOOOO GRATE!"

I'm going to have to agree. Take me back to 2004 and I would have bagged on it harder than anyone on this board.
---
Poison above all else.
#29orangeumbreon23Posted 5/3/2014 8:49:57 PM
Don't know if I would be able to stand that game on such a smaller screen, but I would buy it. I would much rather have a new one and be able to outfit my character like PBR and X/Y.
---
XBL GT: JoeCool8524; 3DS FC: 4081 5498 9446
Trainer Shiny Value: 255 for X, 1354 for Y
#30MissCarriagePosted 5/3/2014 8:52:02 PM
I'm sure a small handful of people genuinely enjoyed the game, but as a member of many Pokemon forums and message boards in the past, Pokemon Colosseum did not get as much love as we are giving it today.

It did not have a "strong" story, nor did it have extraordinary music or bring anything new to the franchise besides being a "3D story game." It was, for lack of a better word, a very half-*ssed game.

I still go back and play it every now and then though, because I definitely enjoy it now more than I did before!
---
Poison above all else.