This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

it kind of pisses me off that items don't stay attached when you bank a pokemon.

#11FuneralCakePosted 5/6/2014 11:21:45 PM
Hey, you're the one making a fuss here. What you were saying didn't make any sense, and there's no reason those items couldn't have been added to the game. There's no logical reason that they couldn't be included, which is what you seem to imply, which is why it doesn't make sense.

Transferring items shouldn't really have even been a thing, but that's also no reason that we couldn't store items in the bank. In other words, a gen 6 Pokemon could be stored in the bank holding an item, but transferring items wouldn't work.
---
kao de waratte, kokoro de naite
| 3DS FC: 3437 - 4335 - 3104 | | Friend Safari: Panpour, Wartortle, Frogadier |
#12goyetchePosted 5/6/2014 11:24:04 PM
FuneralCake posted...
Hey, you're the one making a fuss here. What you were saying didn't make any sense, and there's no reason those items couldn't have been added to the game. There's no logical reason that they couldn't be included, which is what you seem to imply, which is why it doesn't make sense.

Transferring items shouldn't really have even been a thing, but that's also no reason that we couldn't store items in the bank. In other words, a gen 6 Pokemon could be stored in the bank holding an item, but transferring items wouldn't work.

i would agree with that but that will never happen
---
The Name's Alex Fire Type Trainer Extraordinaire
FC:1048-9355-7555 IGN Alex
#13dezmomoPosted 5/7/2014 2:59:19 AM
Didn't read thread, sorry if repeating.
I think the reason they don't allow held items on Bank is because they plan to use Bank for future games as well. Now whether this means gen VII or the rest of gen VI, there will definitely be items added to those new games that aren't in X and Y. To prevent crashing or any other problems, they simply disallowed held items.
---
Official Squirtle of the Pokemon BW (2) Boards
#14HydregionzekPosted 5/7/2014 3:08:04 AM
That is their intention.

Regardless, they can simply make the Transporter app no allow items. Why Bank ?
---
ID#00000.IGN Caesar Fc:3024-5514-8113. Eevee, Dunsparce, Mincinno. TSV: 3089. Come visit the + and - Guild to receive a Helping Hand! SS Locke on Emerald Social
#15The_DragonwPosted 5/7/2014 3:09:43 AM
I'm thinking that if they're going to do item storage, it'll be a separate app.

._.
---
3DS FC:195085778687- Flying: Swanna, Doduo, Rufflet SV:1496 IGN:Jin Region:UK
The official Super Enraged Shadow Lugia of the Pokemon X/Y boards
#16Bushido20Posted 5/7/2014 6:33:13 AM
GF put that restriction on so that you would go out and buy another 3DS with the opposite Version. $$$$$
---
3DS FC: 0173-2637-1557
Lampent, pumpkaboo, and dusclops.
#17bradzsoradPosted 5/7/2014 7:12:03 AM
dezmomo posted...
Didn't read thread, sorry if repeating.
I think the reason they don't allow held items on Bank is because they plan to use Bank for future games as well. Now whether this means gen VII or the rest of gen VI, there will definitely be items added to those new games that aren't in X and Y. To prevent crashing or any other problems, they simply disallowed held items.

This made the most sense. It does make it so items have actual value too, which helps in the pokemon trading economy.
---
FC: 4184-1693-6701 I have: Snover,Bergmite, Lapras. PM me if you are interested!