This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How Viable is Doublade over Aegislash?

#1Zero97Posted 5/7/2014 12:44:58 AM
Aegislash is pretty predictable now, and everyone uses it, so I've been thinking of using Doublade competitively..

What do you think?
---
3DS: 0173-1416-4513 || NNID: Zero97 (no, I wasn't born in 1997)
Please Support!! --> http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/67906496
#2Bow_ArrowPosted 5/7/2014 12:50:49 AM
aegi isnt so predictable imo. special, physical, and toxic stall variants.
doublade can be a physical wall and toxic stall or go in on a phys attacker and swords dance. ive seen people run iron defense on it.
---
The average Pokemon fan~~
"I think Nintendo should release Pokegirl scratch-n-sniff cards" - NaughtyGhost
#3MissCarriagePosted 5/7/2014 12:54:05 AM
I like Doublade much more than Aegislash. Eviolite Doublade is a terror to take down, and it could set up right in your face while you can't do anything about it!
---
FC: 2981-5975-5185
Poison above all else.
#4Zero97(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2014 12:55:00 AM
MissCarriage posted...
I like Doublade much more than Aegislash. Eviolite Doublade is a terror to take down, and it could set up right in your face while you can't do anything about it!

I like this, what's the set?
---
#5Rad_DudesmanPosted 5/7/2014 12:57:20 AM(edited)
MissCarriage posted...
Eviolite Doublade is a terror to take down

Knock Off and piss poor Special Defense

Unless you're playing in a lower tier where Aegislash isn't allowed, there is absolutely no reason to use Doublade over Aegislash
---
Nintendo Network ID: raddudesman
Not changing this signature until Blaze the Cat is playable in another Sonic game.
#6DigiDude77Posted 5/7/2014 1:30:39 AM
MissCarriage posted...

Delphox can kill with Flamethrower, and survive a Shadow Sneak. >_>
---
<('.'<) <('.')> (>'.')>
#7MissCarriagePosted 5/7/2014 1:38:12 AM
Well they play differently, but Doublade isn't completely outclassed by its evolution, especially since it doesn't leave itself defenseless after an attack.

Zero97 posted...
MissCarriage posted...

I like this, what's the set?

I use Swords Dance/Sacred Sword/Shadow Sneak/Iron Head, but you can add whatever you need to fit your team. Its great in a Trick Room team as well!
---
FC: 2981-5975-5185
Poison above all else.
#8LoZDestroyerPosted 5/7/2014 1:42:29 AM
So your problem is that Aegislash is too predictable. So you turn to a pre-evo that has only two theoretical options, can only run a single item, can't use a special attack to save its own life, can't /take/ a special attack to save its own life, can't mindgame with King's Shield, can't run air balloon, can't run toxic-stall, or mixed attacking, and still doesn't hit as hard whilst using an ability that, for it, is mostly a net loss because Fire Blast exists and 90% of its viable movepool is already 90+ accuracy.

Seems legit.
---
8-11-08: Proud Member of the GameFAQS raid on yogusmells456.
NEVAR FORGET! Long live Nightelf56!
#9Zero97(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2014 1:50:50 AM
LoZDestroyer posted...
So your problem is that Aegislash is too predictable. So you turn to a pre-evo that has only two theoretical options, can only run a single item, can't use a special attack to save its own life, can't /take/ a special attack to save its own life, can't mindgame with King's Shield, can't run air balloon, can't run toxic-stall, or mixed attacking, and still doesn't hit as hard whilst using an ability that, for it, is mostly a net loss because Fire Blast exists and 90% of its viable movepool is already 90+ accuracy.

Seems legit.

Well it's everywhere :/

Can I have both Doublade and Aegislash in party when battling?
---
#10LoZDestroyerPosted 5/7/2014 1:57:36 AM
Of course, but that doesn't solve your problem, and just puts so much pressure on the rest of your team to not be horrifically weak to Charizard Y or something. If something can get past Aegislash, especially a special attacker, it's going to be very capable of making that Doublade just as dead. And playing a 5-6 disadvantage versus a YZard's already less fun than dealing with Aegislash.
---
8-11-08: Proud Member of the GameFAQS raid on yogusmells456.
NEVAR FORGET! Long live Nightelf56!