This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

O Ruby and A Sapphire promise "dramatic story within a spectacular new world".

#11WorldTraderPosted 5/7/2014 1:31:45 PM(edited)
DarkKirby2500 posted...
WorldTrader posted...
If they want to impress people with a good storyline why didnt they do it for x and y so we can have a good impression of the new generation of pokemon?

It feels like thet tried to make the story a lot deeper, but cut it shirt because of time constraints, likely due to the worldwide release, as is evident in multiple parts of the game. The story moves slowly with lots of events up until you get the Mega Ring at which point the story evaporates and it goes on fast forward and becomes a cookie cutter Pokemon game.

If they felt the game wasnt up to their standarts they should have delayed it but i guess money above everything else.Good thing some companies are good enough to delay games they may frustrated some people but the game lives up to the expectations.Witcher 3 got delayed 2 times because they want to make improvements now this is what i call a good company taht wont rush an unfinished game
#12DarkKirby2500(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2014 1:32:41 PM
Shotgunryugan posted...
Though if Mega Sceptile is a thing, I'll buy it in a heartbeat.

Unless Nintendo actually releases a patch to add Mega Sceptile into X/Y so it will be compatible with OR/AS, it's unlikely that will happen. It's unlikely there will be any new Megas until Gen 7, unless there is data that hasn't been mined yet, as all the other "unreleased" Pokemon seem to have already been discovered.
---
1. The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him. 2. They're all complacent sheeple.
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>
#13holyknick2Posted 5/7/2014 1:36:59 PM(edited)
I believe, though that's more because R/S/E story is so awful that I think it couldn't get worse by default.

I mean G/S/C story was also awful, and they at least made it bearable with HG/SS.

I'm also expecting revamped Hoenn, since this is one of the only region (Unova is the other) that how all the basis for a more expansion areas and different locals.
---
"The dog always dies. Go to the library and pick out a book with an award sticker and a dog on the cover. Trust me, that dog is going down."
#14SSJ2__GohanPosted 5/7/2014 1:37:36 PM(edited)
http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-video-games/pokemon-omega-ruby-and-pokemon-alpha-sapphire/

A new generation will experience the dramatic storyline. The old generation (us)? Well, the old generation has already experienced it, of course!

They're saying the exact same thing as trailers from remade movies say.
#15holyknick2Posted 5/7/2014 1:40:08 PM
SSJ2__Gohan posted...
http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-video-games/pokemon-omega-ruby-and-pokemon-alpha-sapphire/

A new generation will experience the dramatic storyline. The old generation (us)? Well, the old generation has already experienced it, of course!

Dramatic Storyline?

That trainwreck?

Whelp, their goes my hope for the story. My hope for the new and expansive 3d Hoenn remains though.
---
"The dog always dies. Go to the library and pick out a book with an award sticker and a dog on the cover. Trust me, that dog is going down."
#16SSJ2__GohanPosted 5/7/2014 1:42:09 PM
Well, likely there will be some improvements, just like how HG/SS made the Kimono Girls more relevant, for instance. In this case, it will probably have something to do with their Mega forms (I didn't pay much attention to their markings, but 1 thing is certain: Kyogre did not have markings on top of its head).
#17domranguayPosted 5/7/2014 1:42:38 PM
SSJ2__Gohan posted...

One interesting thing about the site...
Players: TBD
#18PalmerSenseiPosted 5/7/2014 1:43:52 PM
SSJ2__Gohan posted...

Yeah, when you combine this with the fact that HGSS's blurb was "explore thrilling new adventures as Legendary pokemon awaken" (lolnope), I can't help but think ORAS will be more akin to 3d remakes of RSE rather than sequels or w/e.
#19KafkaKomicPosted 5/7/2014 1:45:37 PM
I do believe! I do believe!
---
--- 3DS FC 0490-6048-9828 FS: Emolga, Pikachu, Galvantula IGN: Mario ---
#20mrballerswagginPosted 5/7/2014 1:46:09 PM
I think it will take place in the new region that's been hinted at everywhere in the game and in the XY Guide Book.
---
FC: 1478-4162-6801 IGN: Ariel
Pyroar's slogan: "Put 'em to rest with the pitch of the voice, WRAAAGH!"