This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Hod on a minute!!! (ORAS question)

#21Shigmiya64Posted 5/7/2014 9:05:27 PM
I sure hope not. The keeping track of the date and time is just a fancy way of justifying rendering arbitrary parts of the game inaccessible.
---
"Remember to believe in magic, or I'll kill you."
My 3DS Friend Code: 0705 - 3328 - 1003
#22EddMarioPosted 5/7/2014 9:06:46 PM(edited)
shadowenclave47 posted...
RandomMode posted...
I would assume it does. Even though the game didn't appear to have a day and night cycle, it did keep track of time, and did keep track of when it was day and night, evident when you evolved Eevee into Umbreon or Espeon.

I didn't even know RSE kept track of that. All this time i thought they evolved a different way in gen 3 lol.

One of the first things the game makes you do before you get your Pokemon is set the clock, so there's that...

Also, for those saying it couldn't handle it back then, Gen freaking TWO had day-night cycles that were actually VISIBLE!
---
http://derpy.me/hgec8
http://derpy.me/LoL
#23MagikarpRulesPosted 5/7/2014 9:05:53 PM
RandomMode posted...
I would assume it does. Even though the game didn't appear to have a day and night cycle, it did keep track of time, and did keep track of when it was day and night, evident when you evolved Eevee into Umbreon or Espeon.

I didn't even know RSE kept track of that. All this time i thought they evolved a different way in gen 3 lol.

Well, of course they kept track of time, even if there were no visual effects. After all, berry growth and Mirage Island are determined by the clock.
#24shadowenclave47(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2014 9:11:48 PM
After all these years of playing RSE repeatedly i thought the clock only affected berry growth in RSE. I feel so stupid right now.
---
Super Saiyan God isn't even my final form.
#25MagikarpRulesPosted 5/7/2014 9:13:08 PM
After all these years of playing RSE repeatedly i thought the clock only affected berry growth in RSE. I feel so stupid right now.

Well, there was that cave near Mossdeep, and like I said before, Mirage Island.
#26shadowenclave47(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2014 9:25:11 PM
MagikarpRules posted...

Well, there was that cave near Mossdeep, and like I said before, Mirage Island.

I don't think i have ever been to Mirage Island.
---
Super Saiyan God isn't even my final form.