This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Has anyone ever been able to figure out the EXACT odds of a shiny via Masuda?

#1NiinjaDylanPosted 5/7/2014 12:46:06 PM
2,000 eggs and no Shiny Charmander yet. I'm still at it. College has kept me busy and it's been 4 months of trying here and there.

I don't have the shiny charm yet, but I've heard from many sources that there's apparently a translation issue in the Shiny Charm description, unlike Gen 5. So we don't know if the Shiny Charm actually helps WITH the Masuda method, correct?

I'm just curious what the odds are of Masuda alone giving me a shiny.
---
Pokemon Y Friend Code: 3625 9432 0779
Safari Pokemon: Pikachu, Pachirsiru, and Zebstrika
#2Blingya25Posted 5/7/2014 12:50:28 PM
Though, I, too, don't know the exact odds, I can tell you from experience of MM, I have gotten about 1k eggs without the Shiny Charm and didn't get a Shiny Poke, but after completing the Pokedex, I was able to obtain the Shiny Charm and continued breeding about 250+ or so eggs, I finally got a Shiny, shiny female Pichu. I wanted a male so about an additional 30+ eggs the egg hatched into a shiny male Pichu.

You can say by having Shiny Charm it works, you can also say the RNGesus answered my prayers and gave me luck to get the shiny. This is my experience and just want to shed some light to your curiosity of the Shiny Charm.
---
Let the Power of Youth Exploud!!
#3gavinlee999Posted 5/7/2014 12:50:35 PM
No one knows the exact ratio yet
---
3ds FC 1805-2796-8021 ign Gavin: Member of Team Aero!
Official groudon of the pokemon omega ruby board