This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

In defense of the stupid official titles of the Hoenn remakes

#1dancingbobcatPosted 5/7/2014 3:11:46 PM
I recognize that-- no, I affirm that the indiscriminate use of Greek letters is the epitome of lame.

BUT. "Heart"Gold and "Soul"Silver were even lamer.
Those titles were so lame that I couldn't bring myself to play them, even though GSC was far and away my favorite generation.

For once in my life, I feel like Game Freak has taken a positive step forward.
#2BurnedPotatoesPosted 5/7/2014 3:12:16 PM
Ok.
---
3DS FC: 4656-7454-0042 I don't give people srs answers unless I feel like it
S*** Poster Of The ORAS Boards. http://i.imgur.com/gGx9VFB.gif
#3CaptainZangoosePosted 5/7/2014 3:13:35 PM
Despite yer obvious trolling, avoiding a game because of its name be the stupidest thing ye could do.
#4PlasmWraithPosted 5/7/2014 3:14:24 PM
TC, you might want to work on that insecurity
---
( [] )
#5dancingbobcat(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2014 3:24:20 PM
PlasmWraith posted...

Insecurity? I am a full-fledged GenTwo-er, and here I am admitting that the names of the remakes of the Gen 3 games (this is the generation that I hate with a burning passion, btw) outclass the names of the remakes of the generation that is literally my favorite ("Heart" and "Soul"? Really? Those magnificent games deserved better).
#6dancingbobcat(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2014 3:32:53 PM
and while I'm at it, FireRed and LeafGreen weren't particularly inspired titles either
#7PlasmWraithPosted 5/7/2014 3:35:37 PM
dancingbobcat posted...
PlasmWraith posted...

Insecurity? I am a full-fledged GenTwo-er, and here I am admitting that the names of the remakes of the Gen 3 games (this is the generation that I hate with a burning passion, btw) outclass the names of the remakes of the generation that is literally my favorite ("Heart" and "Soul"? Really? Those magnificent games deserved better).

You're incredibly insecure if the name of a game stops you from playing it
---
( [] )
#8reaverzPosted 5/7/2014 3:36:58 PM
It's probably so that they can have a simple naming scheme for new multiple Mega Evolutions, i.e. Mega Sceptile Alpha and Mega Sceptile Omega.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#9Unown_201Posted 5/7/2014 3:38:38 PM
As others have noted on other topics. The Team Magma and Aqua symbols have an Alpha and Omega symbol in them...

I think the names have more meaning than we think.
---
Sign the petition for a future of gaming board: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/7-/68727084
Official Unown of the Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Boards
#10SorceressTharjaPosted 5/7/2014 3:39:06 PM
Unown_201 posted...
As others have noted on other topics. The Team Magma and Aqua symbols have an Alpha and Omega symbol in them...

I think the names have more meaning than we think.

---
Ridete alta voce