This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Who else thinks they're going to do away with Amie in OR/AS?

#1BigDaddyWingnutPosted 5/7/2014 6:20:35 PM
Perhaps my favorite feature in X/Y, I can almost guaran-damn-tee that GF will do away with it in OR/AS. Y u do dis, GF? I'll never understand their practice of introducing cool features is one gen (eg. Poketch) and completely removing them the next. I'm afraid Amie is very likely to suffer a similar fate. I sure hope they prove me wrong, though.
---
3DS:1547-5206-2758 Status: Full (100) NNID: BigDaddyWingnut
Your mom said to say I can have just one peanut butter square, but not til after they cool down!
#2Tatakai-No-KamiPosted 5/7/2014 6:21:43 PM
how else would you evolve into sylveon without it? max out beauty with poke blocks?

oh snap we can actually do that again
---
the official BAT DRAGON of the pokemon X/Y boards
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_NBCS1u_zs
#3NabaePosted 5/7/2014 6:24:24 PM
Amie I can do without. If they don't bring back character customization though...
#4BigDaddyWingnut(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2014 6:28:21 PM
Tatakai-No-Kami posted...
how else would you evolve into sylveon without it? max out beauty with poke blocks?

The same way they let us evolve Feebas post-R/S/E.
---
3DS:1547-5206-2758 Status: Full (100) NNID: BigDaddyWingnut
Your mom said to say I can have just one peanut butter square, but not til after they cool down!
#5kclaujamesPosted 5/7/2014 6:28:45 PM
Improve on it instead.
---
Pokemon XY Friend Safari Type: Fairy
Pokemon: Swirlix, Togepi, Floette FC: 2509 2175 4600
#6EnlinoPosted 5/7/2014 8:50:19 PM
I doubt they'll be removing Amie anytime soon, though it might be altered a bit.

This isn't like the musical/movies/contests/pokeathalon etc, where they just use the normal Pokemon sprites and maybe rotate them a bit. There's a huge amount of work and custom animation for every pokemon in Amie. The minigames might be changed, or you might get food differently, or you might have to go to a specific location, but I'm pretty confident that feeding + petting pokemon will be present in ORAS.
#7bonannPosted 5/7/2014 8:51:10 PM

Same thing happened with a couple of Pokemon. Like Leafeon and Glaceon.
---
Opinions Calling it; the new Pokemon games are based in Hoenn. If I'm wrong, I'll write my words on an apple and eat it.
#8TheSnubbzPosted 5/7/2014 8:52:20 PM

High friendship + a fairy type move I'd imagine. It's really not that difficult.
#9EddMarioPosted 5/7/2014 8:53:07 PM
Enlino posted...
I doubt they'll be removing Amie anytime soon, though it might be altered a bit.

This isn't like the musical/movies/contests/pokeathalon etc, where they just use the normal Pokemon sprites and maybe rotate them a bit. There's a huge amount of work and custom animation for every pokemon in Amie. The minigames might be changed, or you might get food differently, or you might have to go to a specific location, but I'm pretty confident that feeding + petting pokemon will be present in ORAS.

It'd be even better if we got the whole "First Pokemon on our party follows us" like was in Heart Gold and Soul Silver and talking to it is how you access it.
---
http://derpy.me/hgec8
http://derpy.me/LoL
#10The_Undying_84Posted 5/7/2014 8:53:45 PM
I still won't use it if they bring it back so I don't care.
---
PSN: TheUndying84