This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

C/D- these will be the final remakes

#11CountPopeulaPosted 5/7/2014 9:05:38 PM
That's not really the reason they do remakes. They do them because they have roughly comparable sales to new games with much lower costs. The engine is built, the bulk of scenario design, dialogue and maps are done... all they have to do is create some new graphical assets to plug in, refine the UI, and add a relatively trivial amount of new content. It's a really efficient way for them to exploit the assets they built for the new generation, and it has absolutely zero to do with the old games not playing on the new consoles.
---
I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. - Voltaire
#12Lonta_Beans3Posted 5/7/2014 9:06:47 PM
Pram_the_Oracle posted...
D
#13tarzanmxPosted 5/7/2014 9:07:56 PM
D.
The world will see Sinnoh and Unova yet again!
---
So... I never thought I'd get to change this sig. But I have a Shiny of each Eeveelution now!
---Self-Proclaimed Glaceon of the Pokemon X Board
#14MagikarpRulesPosted 5/7/2014 9:08:07 PM
I doubt it, somehow.
#15SuperRup91Posted 5/7/2014 9:08:50 PM
CountPopeula posted...
That's not really the reason they do remakes. They do them because they have roughly comparable sales to new games with much lower costs. The engine is built, the bulk of scenario design, dialogue and maps are done... all they have to do is create some new graphical assets to plug in, refine the UI, and add a relatively trivial amount of new content. It's a really efficient way for them to exploit the assets they built for the new generation, and it has absolutely zero to do with the old games not playing on the new consoles.

This.

I love how people forget the fact that Nintendo and as a result Game Freak are a business. Therefore, the only thing they care about is making as much money as efficiently as possible. It's not a bad thing, just a fact.
---
3DS Friend Code: 5413-0006-7792
PM me so I can add you as well!
#16LRodCPosted 5/7/2014 10:10:04 PM
D. Next handheld will have Sinnoh remakes most likely.
---
3DS FC: 1461-6200-7452
GameFAQs: Moderating you for your opinion since 1999.