This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Maybe they finally will make the rainforest a real rainforest?

#1DarknessLink7Posted 5/7/2014 10:04:32 PM
With the 3DS abilities they might actually make route 119 the rainforest it's supposed to be? ^__^
---
3DS FC: 5026-4968-1695, Name: Adam
~Challenge our gyms~ http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/2000457-pokemon-x-y-battling/68534699
#2FuneralCakePosted 5/7/2014 10:07:08 PM
I never understood how it was supposed to be a rainforest in the first place.

I mean, sure, it's literally a forest area where it's raining, but other than that...? There's really nothing that implies it's supposed to a rainforest environment.
---
kao de waratte, kokoro de naite
| 3DS FC: 3437 - 4335 - 3104 | | Friend Safari: Panpour, Wartortle, Frogadier |
#3The_Sol_BladerPosted 5/7/2014 10:10:50 PM
FuneralCake posted...
There's really nothing that implies it's supposed to a rainforest environment.

But m-muh Hoenn diversity
---
R - Official Matador of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board - Rose_Mage's loving husband
3DS FC: 4682-9838-9692 TSV: 841
#4FuneralCakePosted 5/7/2014 10:14:48 PM
It was the most diverse region, after all.

I feel sick.

I'm dying.
---
#5Lonta_Beans3Posted 5/7/2014 10:16:11 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#6DeepsPrawPosted 5/7/2014 10:16:50 PM
FuneralCake posted...
I mean, sure, it's literally a forest area where it's raining, but other than that...? There's really nothing that implies it's supposed to a rainforest environment.

Hoenn is based on Kyushu, which is a subtropical environment. Also, the presence of Kecleon and Tropius

The trees in Fortree are definitely not your typical temperate deciduous or coniferous, either
---
pepsi for tv-game
#7FuneralCakePosted 5/7/2014 10:30:38 PM
DeepsPraw posted...
FuneralCake posted...

Hoenn is based on Kyushu, which is a subtropical environment. Also, the presence of Kecleon and Tropius

The trees in Fortree are definitely not your typical temperate deciduous or coniferous, either

It may be based on Kyushu, but that doesn't mean it is Kyushu. That's not to say that the region isn't meant to specifically represent the climate of its real-world counterpart, but it can go both ways.

The presence of Tropius and Kecleon doesn't mean too much either, considering they routinely appear in various types of environments.

And yes, Fortree doesn't have the typical types of trees that the rest of Hoenn has... but that's Fortree City. It's not Route 119.
---
#8zelionxPosted 5/7/2014 10:40:42 PM(edited)
FuneralCake posted...
DeepsPraw posted...
FuneralCake posted...

It may be based on Kyushu, but that doesn't mean it is Kyushu. That's not to say that the region isn't meant to specifically represent the climate of its real-world counterpart, but it can go both ways.

The presence of Tropius and Kecleon doesn't mean too much either, considering they routinely appear in various types of environments.

And yes, Fortree doesn't have the typical types of trees that the rest of Hoenn has... but that's Fortree City. It's not Route 119.

I can see why it may have been intended to be a rain forest except nobody saw it as a rain forest because the GBA had crappy graphics.
---
vs. Mavs won 4-3 -- vs. Blazers leading 1-0
Go Spurs Go
#9The_Sol_BladerPosted 5/7/2014 10:40:54 PM
zelionx posted...
I can see it being a rain forest except nobody saw it as a rain forest because the GBA had crappy graphics.

Hey, Golden Sun didn't looked crappy
---
R - Official Matador of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board - Rose_Mage's loving husband
3DS FC: 4682-9838-9692 TSV: 841
#10FuneralCakePosted 5/7/2014 10:42:54 PM
It was really just RSE that had crappy graphics. Game Freak didn't even try to make them look good. They're very aesthetically unappealing in almost every way. Other GBA games were more than capable of looking good.

But I mean, I might be able to accept that maybe it was meant to be a rainforest but that they couldn't accurately represent it, but the thing is, aside from being a literal raining forest, I just don't see it.
---