This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Old Pokemon vs Kalos Born Pokemon

#11ElNurglingPosted 5/16/2014 11:25:53 PM
Missingno_Mastr posted...
I use both. I generally try to breed new stuff if I can, but in the case of stuff that needs old tutor moves, I got no problem using old stuff. I'm not gonna breed a Kalos born Eevee for Sylveon until it can learn Hyper Voice in Generation VI. Because damn it, Hyper Voice Pixilate Sylveon kicks ass!

This. Altough a single Hyper Voice Sylveon is the only non-KB monster I have in eleven boxes full of 5/6IV pokemon. XD
---
3DS FC 4511-0567-3041 (Boldore, Magcargo, Rhydon)
Martijn - inofficial pesky Claw using git of Kid Icarus Uprising's online modes
#12Skull_proPosted 5/16/2014 11:37:06 PM
I'm slowly ditching my old team. Dragonite and Ursaring have already retired and are now in my bank as part of my living dex. I am going to make a 3+IV Roserade to replace my obsolete one, and Rampardos ( soon to be 4 years old) is also slowly getting the shaft to make place to my new rain team ( breed 3 mons within 2 days!!! Trained them too) I will need to make more space for some swift swim and / or rain dish and / or water Absorb pokemons for my rain team. Already got Politoed, Dry Skin Toxicroak, Crawdaunt and Hydration Rest Vappy.

Even my Scolipede, which won me a fair number of games and is only over 1 month old is probably getting the shaft as well.

I play triple BTW.
---
View my Pokemon battle YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsnUnzrDx-1y4-byC5soQnw
3DS:4339 2730 2396: Steel Friend Safari
#13tarzanmxPosted 5/16/2014 11:41:01 PM
I still have my Pokémon from older games around because I've grown to care for them.
But I just felt it's time to make way for the next generation, so I'm using nothing but Kalos-born Pokémon now.
---
So... I never thought I'd get to change this sig. But I have a Shiny of each Eeveelution now!
---Self-Proclaimed Glaceon of the Pokemon X Board
#14SiegedEaglePosted 5/16/2014 11:52:13 PM
tarzanmx posted...
I still have my Pokémon from older games around because I've grown to care for them.
But I just felt it's time to make way for the next generation, so I'm using nothing but Kalos-born Pokémon now.

Honestly I never transfer my older teams to the future, just for the fact that they're outclassed by the changes of the most recent gen, their genetics and because I don't have a reserve. The only team I have passed is the one I had in Emerald, and that's because it had a cloning glitch which also allowed me to transfer cloned legends to Diamond while keeping the originals in Emerald.
---
Making a grammatical error on GameFAQs: http://tinyurl.com/m53rv28
X FC: 4511-0575-6947 (Morgan) Other stuff: http://i.imgur.com/2qQaSE1.png
#15tarzanmxPosted 5/16/2014 11:59:42 PM
SiegedEagle posted...
Honestly I never transfer my older teams to the future, just for the fact that they're outclassed by the changes of the most recent gen, their genetics and because I don't have a reserve. The only team I have passed is the one I had in Emerald, and that's because it had a cloning glitch which also allowed me to transfer cloned legends to Diamond while keeping the originals in Emerald.

The only ones I sent over apart from some Legendaries were the ones in my team from Platinum because I like rocking the E4 with them whenever a new game comes along.
I wanted to breed using them and use their offspring in a new game but I had just obtained newer and stronger versions of them by the time Bank came along :/
Still want to play as them in something every now and then but they're due their rest now.
5 or so years of having them with me in-game is a long trip.
I'd send over a team from my Sapphire/Emerald but I never grew as attached to them as I was to my first team that was on my Sapphire cart when certain circumstances separated me from it :c
---
So... I never thought I'd get to change this sig. But I have a Shiny of each Eeveelution now!
---Self-Proclaimed Glaceon of the Pokemon X Board
#16CeruleanGamerPosted 5/17/2014 12:15:40 AM
Knock Off and Defog are the only reasons I am keeping non-KB pokemon.
---
3DS Friend Code: 5215 1324 3241 IGN: Serena. Just another breeder of Kyogre's Cascade.... >=P
Perfect 6IV/TR pokemon list: http://tinyurl.com/qehe43k
#17RJGamer1990Posted 5/18/2014 11:45:12 AM
For random battles atm i only use old pokemon, but when my team is complete i'll use only Kalos born
#18AwkwardlockerPosted 5/19/2014 3:57:23 PM
Kalos purely because of competitive battling, but I sometimes use older pokes for fun.
---
You laughed at my wigglytuff and I laughed at your screams
#19poe376Posted 5/21/2014 4:38:47 AM
Generally KB, but my Swampert from Sapphire, although Modest, is sticking on my team.
---
"Pokemon is 45% team, 5% skill, 50% luck. Deal with it or stop playing." -ss4gogeta_dark. I'm looking at you, Smogon. -.-
FC: 0130 - 1909 - 1118
#20PokemonYoutubePosted 5/21/2014 5:26:31 AM
I brought all 13 boxes of my old EV-trained Pokemon over and dumped about half of them in the Pokebank because I never used them anyway. I still bring over new Pokemon from White that I put together with my Action Replay. I only breed in Kalos what I can't get in White.
---
www.youtube.com/GeneralSecura YouTube Let's Player
3DS FC: 0018-0730-4057 / In-game name: Jos / Pokemon X/Y Friend Safari: Shuppet, Phantump, Golurk