This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anybody feel like the Fairy-type is slightly OP?

#51zelionxPosted 5/12/2014 6:29:53 PM
DarkKirby2500 posted...
Rook_the_Ranger posted...
Fairy is the new dragon. It's OP, but doesn't have the best abusers.

DarkKirby2500 posted...
Every Type can potentially be OP with a Pokemon with the right stats, abilities, and moves. So I'm not sure an argument that "if this and this happened Fairies would rule the game" is valid.

Ice type sucks and Kyurem (not the forms) has proved it. Some types are simply better than others thanks to their coverage, resistances, and lack of weaknesses. The point of that argument is new Pokemon can't have a stupidly high base stat total, broken moves, or a broken ability. Then it would be those traits and not the type that breaks the Pokemon. Garchomp nearly breaks the game partly because of his type. If he were Ice/Ground or Bug/Ground instead of Dragon/Ground, he would be UU for sure.

High stats does not mean "right stats". In Kyurem's case, it would much rather have more speed and less HP or defenses.

Kyurem's ability basically does nothing.

And it's move pool is only acceptable.

So I'm not sure how Kyurem is an example of a Pokemon with poor typing but with "everything else" and is still poor.

Lol

ITP: Mold Breaker does nothing
---
vs. Mavs won 4-3 -- vs. Blazers leading 3-0
Go Spurs Go
#52DarkKirby2500Posted 5/12/2014 6:32:19 PM
zelionx posted...
DarkKirby2500 posted...
Rook_the_Ranger posted...
Fairy is the new dragon. It's OP, but doesn't have the best abusers.

DarkKirby2500 posted...
Every Type can potentially be OP with a Pokemon with the right stats, abilities, and moves. So I'm not sure an argument that "if this and this happened Fairies would rule the game" is valid.

Ice type sucks and Kyurem (not the forms) has proved it. Some types are simply better than others thanks to their coverage, resistances, and lack of weaknesses. The point of that argument is new Pokemon can't have a stupidly high base stat total, broken moves, or a broken ability. Then it would be those traits and not the type that breaks the Pokemon. Garchomp nearly breaks the game partly because of his type. If he were Ice/Ground or Bug/Ground instead of Dragon/Ground, he would be UU for sure.

High stats does not mean "right stats". In Kyurem's case, it would much rather have more speed and less HP or defenses.

Kyurem's ability basically does nothing.

And it's move pool is only acceptable.

So I'm not sure how Kyurem is an example of a Pokemon with poor typing but with "everything else" and is still poor.

Lol

ITP: Mold Breaker does nothing

Kyurem's ability is Pressure. He's talking about normal Kyurem.
---
1. The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him. 2. They're all complacent sheeple.
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>
#53AlphanumericPosted 5/12/2014 6:37:05 PM
Imagine how much better Clefable would be if it actually had good stats.

Being the only pokemon above RU without >100 in a single stat is quite the feat once you think about it.
---
http://i.imgur.com/wZ280Fo.jpg http://i.imgur.com/QxFRglt.png
http://i.imgur.com/koVytht.jpg
#54Patrick52WillisPosted 5/12/2014 6:46:29 PM
FuneralCake posted...
Not even close.

Fairy is a good type, but it was just introduced. Dark and Steel weren't that great when they were first introduced either, so Fairy is going to need some time before it'll reach its full potential.

Tyranitar begs to differ.
---
San Francisco 49ers
http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3q9fez/
#55FryDays5000Posted 5/12/2014 6:57:02 PM(edited)
Alphanumeric posted...
Imagine how much better Clefable would be if it actually had good stats.

Being the only pokemon above RU without >100 in a single stat is quite the feat once you think about it.
I wish Granbull had good stats. It's offensive movepool is so endlessly massive and makes great use of it. Dat speed though -____-
---
Freiza may be cool, but his brother is..... COOLER(get it?)
3DS FC: 0645-6947-9076 Steel Safari:Ferroseed,Fortress, and Klefki
#56celticpride6Posted 5/12/2014 7:00:24 PM(edited)
Patrick52Willis posted...
FuneralCake posted...
Not even close.

Fairy is a good type, but it was just introduced. Dark and Steel weren't that great when they were first introduced either, so Fairy is going to need some time before it'll reach its full potential.

Tyranitar begs to differ.

He's talking overall, not individual Pokemon. Mega Mawile, Azumariil, and Mega Gardy in Gen 6 are as good as TTar in GSC. TTar didn't have Sand Stream at that point. Tyranitar was good, but it's gotten considerably better over the years (Sand Stream, Stealth Rock, Assault Vest, Mega TTar).
---
This quote managed to somehow, by some miracle of a power beyond my control, use precisely the allotted hundred and sixty characters allowed in this tiny space.
#57waterdeepchuPosted 5/12/2014 7:03:07 PM
No, I think a couple of the fairy types are a bit overpowered. But not Fairy as a whole.
---
Friend Code: 2707-2146-0610
Ditto, Kecleon, Lillipup