This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why in all things related to generation 1...

#1Safer_777Posted 5/16/2014 2:13:40 PM
The protagonist get's Charizard and the bad guy get's Blastoise? Seriously in all webcomics, parodies, fan fictions or whatever it is always the same. I know Charizard is the most popular one but come on now, nobody wants to change things a bit?
---
Why do we exist?What happens when we stop existing?
#2tradse2Posted 5/16/2014 2:14:34 PM
Your sig explains it quite well.
---
3DS FC: 0963-1028-6537
Normal Safari: Teddiursa, Kecleon, Eevee
#317MasterPosted 5/16/2014 2:24:59 PM
If memory serves me properly, the protagonist of the manga chose Charmander and his rival took Squirtle. Since that is the original of all things Pokemon, it is easiest to just follow that and change things up elsewhere.
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/17Master
Official Milotic of the Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire boards.
#4Rook_the_RangerPosted 5/16/2014 2:30:33 PM(edited)
Red chose Bulbasaur in Pokemon Adventures while Blue chose Charmander.
---
RNJesus hates me.
#5Archwing3441Posted 5/16/2014 2:31:36 PM
17Master posted...
If memory serves me properly, the protagonist of the manga chose Charmander and his rival took Squirtle. Since that is the original of all things Pokemon, it is easiest to just follow that and change things up elsewhere.

I'm pretty sure the game came first. not the manga. Also, in the manga, Red uses Bulbasaur while Blue uses Charmander. If you think about it, this makes sense considering the original two versions in japan is green and red.
---
Nintendo? PlayStation? no...
http://mangafox.me/manga/mel_kano/v03/c016/27.html
#6Safer_777(Topic Creator)Posted 5/16/2014 2:39:26 PM
So the first thing is that the hero uses Bulbasaur and the rival Charmander. But for some strange reason in all other works the hero uses Charmander and the rival uses squirtle?
---
Why do we exist?What happens when we stop existing?
#7LexifoxPosted 5/16/2014 2:41:16 PM
Charmander is the most popular/chosen starter of Gen 1, because people have bad taste. This means that more people can better identify with the protagonist if he has Charmander and fights a rival who has Squirtle.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#8Ephraim225Posted 5/16/2014 3:05:29 PM
Lexifox posted...
Charmander is the most popular/chosen starter of Gen 1, because people have bad taste.

Or his final form is on the cover of Red and Fire Red.

Or people like him because they like him.
---
Delphox shall rise, and Greninja shall be her slave!!!
#9EpsteinBarrPosted 5/16/2014 3:13:42 PM
Because they are going to make the protagonist use the best starter. So naturally, it's going to be Charmander.
#10gamingratPosted 5/16/2014 3:15:44 PM
Ephraim225 posted...
Lexifox posted...
Charmander is the most popular/chosen starter of Gen 1, because people have bad taste.

Or his final form is on the cover of Red and Fire Red.

Or people like him because they like him.

I like your sig
---
Final Fantasy IV is the best game ever
3DS HOENN REMAKES FTW!!!