This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How come Venomoth is banned from UU?

#21LexifoxPosted 5/17/2014 8:15:59 PM
Atownsduke posted...
Whelp it's the internet and a forum. Nobody is female without proof and ambiguity certainly doesn't help. Not that I personally care. It's just a lot easier to have a legion of pressed neck beards when masquerading as a female.

I never got this issue, if only because the most I've gone with this is correcting when someone uses male pronouns. It's amusing that this is enough to make me "allegedly" when, you know, I never attention whore or bring up "omg guys I have boobs and estrogens" at random or whatever.

Atownsduke posted...
Not familiar enough to get the non obvious bad over used to hell And back memes

TPP used Venomoth against Lance's Dragonite. Due to the wonders of Gen 1 AI, the game tried to hit for SE damage... and so it spammed its only Psychic move, Agility, while Venomoth got in free hits.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#22zelionxPosted 5/17/2014 8:17:57 PM
Atownsduke posted...
Lexifox posted...
Hard counter to Dragonite.

Stealth rock and Ice anything disagree

this doesnt even make sense. venomoth isn't weak to ice types. we're not talking about dragonite counters. if you had said "stealth rocks and fire punch disagree" or "dragonite isn't even uu" it would have made sense. no need to get all cranky over a joke from something you don't like
---
vs. Mavs won 4-3 -- vs. Blazers won 4-1 -- vs. Thunder 0-0 revenge tour time
Go Spurs Go
#23AtownsdukePosted 5/17/2014 8:27:27 PM
Lexifox posted...
Atownsduke posted...
Whelp it's the internet and a forum. Nobody is female without proof and ambiguity certainly doesn't help. Not that I personally care. It's just a lot easier to have a legion of pressed neck beards when masquerading as a female.

I never got this issue, if only because the most I've gone with this is correcting when someone uses male pronouns. It's amusing that this is enough to make me "allegedly" when, you know, I never attention whore or bring up "omg guys I have boobs and estrogens" at random or whatever.

Atownsduke posted...
Not familiar enough to get the non obvious bad over used to hell And back memes

TPP used Venomoth against Lance's Dragonite. Due to the wonders of Gen 1 AI, the game tried to hit for SE damage... and so it spammed its only Psychic move, Agility, while Venomoth got in free hits.

Totally misread your first post. I thought you were commenting Dragonite was hard to counter, not the tpp atv slaying Dragonite. Totally my bad.

As for your gender, like I said, don't particularly care. I was in fact in the wrong and didn't realize it, and was criticizing someone for defending a woman on the internet because of alleged lady parts. I know you don't go on announcing it, which is good on you. But again. I'm not debating your anatomy with you. I'm admitting I misread and have been incorrect.
---
3ds FC: 2836 1376 1479
Tsv: 1285
#24LexifoxPosted 5/17/2014 8:32:57 PM
Atownsduke posted...
s for your gender, like I said, don't particularly care. I was in fact in the wrong and didn't realize it, and was criticizing someone for defending a woman on the internet because of alleged lady parts

You were criticizing someone for defending me and assumed their mindset was "M'lady is in trouble! TO HER DEFENSE!"? So... if anything, you're either the only one making a big deal out of my sex, or making as much of a deal as him and you're no better than he is.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#25AtownsdukePosted 5/17/2014 8:37:22 PM
Lexifox posted...
Atownsduke posted...
s for your gender, like I said, don't particularly care. I was in fact in the wrong and didn't realize it, and was criticizing someone for defending a woman on the internet because of alleged lady parts

You were criticizing someone for defending me and assumed their mindset was "M'lady is in trouble! TO HER DEFENSE!"? So... if anything, you're either the only one making a big deal out of my sex, or making as much of a deal as him and you're no better than he is.

-shrug- look man, I don't claim to be better or worse than anybody. I call an argument as I see it, and that's how I felt I should reply. I don't care if my comment about your alleged second X chromosome is offensive, because were both complete strangers and that will never change. I apologize for misreading your comment and starting all this crap. -shrug-
---
#26zelionxPosted 5/17/2014 8:41:40 PM
is it ironic that TC's name is "KingWhiteKnight" and we're having a conversation about someone defending another user because she is a female without the TC being involved
---
vs. Mavs won 4-3 -- vs. Blazers won 4-1 -- vs. Thunder 0-0 revenge tour time
Go Spurs Go
#27AtownsdukePosted 5/17/2014 8:42:34 PM
zelionx posted...
is it ironic that TC's name is "KingWhiteKnight" and we're having a conversation about someone defending another user because she is a female without the TC being involved

Thought the same thing when I was posting before I realized I misread lol
---
#28FinalInsanityPosted 5/17/2014 8:44:52 PM
zelionx posted...

I was intending just to be an ass in pointing out he missed the joke, but this alternative interpretation lead to something much funnier, so I think I'm okay with it.
#29LexifoxPosted 5/17/2014 8:45:04 PM
Atownsduke posted...
Lexifox posted...
Atownsduke posted...

-shrug- look man, I don't claim to be better or worse than anybody. I call an argument as I see it, and that's how I felt I should reply. I don't care if my comment about your alleged second X chromosome is offensive, because were both complete strangers and that will never change. I apologize for misreading your comment and starting all this crap. -shrug-

I can't even mad
---
#30AtownsdukePosted 5/17/2014 8:51:55 PM
Lexifox posted...
Atownsduke posted...
Lexifox posted...
Atownsduke posted...

I can't even mad

Awesome. Glad we can put this behind us :D
---