This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

In your entire pokemon career, which pokemon was the hardest to catch?

#121Makattack202Posted 6/9/2014 11:08:01 AM
Registeel in Emerald. I spent whole days trying to capture it. Got it two 1 HP, put status on it, and yet I still could never catch it.
Heck, even today I still haven't caught it.
#122aznStaRBoYPosted 6/9/2014 11:14:11 AM
Surprised no one mentioned Beldum. Beldum has the same catch rate as the hardest legendaries and will die due to Take Down, so you can only bring them down to 1/3 health.
---
[This message was deleted by a gameFAQs moderator]
#123GeneralPlatinumPosted 6/10/2014 7:07:37 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#124MadameLuigi64Posted 6/10/2014 1:16:56 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#125MadameLuigi64Posted 6/10/2014 1:18:48 PM
CaptainZangoose posted...
MadameLuigi64 posted...
gamemaster712 posted...
I'm guessing a lot of people didn't bother with timer balls.....

Trust me, they're not that great. I bought up about 15-20 of each kind of decent Pokéball at the Pokéball Botique to catch Mewtwo. Long story short, I had to reset twice, used the Timer Balls last, and when I caught the bugger I only had one Timer Ball to spare. To make things worse, my brother had already killed his Mewtwo, so he made me give him mine (we didn't know you could reencounter him).

I hope yer not talking about X/Y Mewtwo here. That be' so easy to catch that I got mine in a Premier Ball.

It wasn't any easier than any other Mewtwo. You got lucky.
---
Oh, really? You were joking? Well, where I come from, jokes are funny!
#126htzrdPosted 6/13/2014 9:13:46 PM
Taurus in Pokemon Red ... "enough of that park-balls, bait and stones bull***t!"
#127Lucario39Posted 6/13/2014 9:20:47 PM
CptFluttershy posted...
Safari Zone Chansey in R/B/Y.

Never again.

To this DAY I still haven't managed that crud. NOTHING is as irritating to catch as that thing is. NOTHING.
---
Official Fighting-Type Gym Leader of MGM GFAQS Pokeleague
Come visit us on the Battle Boards! FC:0774-4449-5042 FS: Fairy (Spritzee, Snubbull, Floette)
#128HozuPosted 6/13/2014 9:30:54 PM(edited)
OUC_Lunarian posted...
shiny Skarmory in Colloseum, at the time I was in elementary and knew practically nothing about shinys I assumed I came across something rare. I wanted to premier ball it so bad but I think I either ran out or I didn't want to stall the
battle any further since I was on my last 2 pokemon so I Ultra balled it

but I was also unaware how "shinyness" worked in Colloseum I was very disappointed and sad and
didn't play Colloseum for a few days after that

Ouch.

Speaking of Colosseum, I take it nobody has tried to capture Metagross in it without a Master Ball. Infinite use recoil move, fairly high level, and you encounter it at the end of a 5th battle in a row.

Catching Regice in R/S/E with a Dive Ball is annoying too, only 35 total PP.

Roamers are easy since you can just get it down to 1 HP, sleep it, run, then save. Use Heal Block/Taunt/Imprison + Roost against the birds. It's not hard to encounter again, especially in D/P/Pt where you can cover about five or so routes without them being able to move at all.

As for me, when I decided to RNG a shiny Rayquaza in R/S/E, I had to make an elaborate setup just to make sure I could keep it alive when it inevitably starts to use Struggle. Trading over 200+ Luzury Balls didn't help either, even with R/S Box.
---
http://i.imgur.com/qCo47.png http://i.imgur.com/Q7Q8S.png
#129overvirusPosted 6/16/2014 11:30:12 PM
Those who escapes and go anywhere randomly...

And for normal catching, it was a snorlax on Pokemon yellow, It was a really bad experience. Luckily I previously saved my game but either way, I reseted the game a bunch of time because I was out of pokeballs.
---
FC 3DS: Jonexus - 2750 2474 9293 (Wartortle, Pampour, Frogadier)
My imaginary friend knows you're "secrets"... [Just ADD and PM with your FC]
#130rojsePosted 6/16/2014 11:31:46 PM
Hozu posted...
OUC_Lunarian posted...
shiny Skarmory in Colloseum, at the time I was in elementary and knew practically nothing about shinys I assumed I came across something rare. I wanted to premier ball it so bad but I think I either ran out or I didn't want to stall the
battle any further since I was on my last 2 pokemon so I Ultra balled it

but I was also unaware how "shinyness" worked in Colloseum I was very disappointed and sad and
didn't play Colloseum for a few days after that

Ouch.

Speaking of Colosseum, I take it nobody has tried to capture Metagross in it without a Master Ball. Infinite use recoil move...

Ghost-type pokemon.
---
The Adventure of Miss Jocelyn, Ace Trainer Model Fashionista Extraordinaire:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/69366760