This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

There needs to be a Timidity Clause

#21rojsePosted 5/31/2014 3:01:00 AM
Judgmenl posted...
rojse posted...
Judgmenl posted...
Taunt is a thing.

So is Magic Coat and Magic Bounce.

Yes because Espeon's 7% Usage rate is that high.

So stall isn't a popular playstyle. Doesn't mean that Espeon's ability isn't amazingly useful to support it.
---
Current Giveaway/Trade Thread (Current as of 30 May):
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/2000458-pokemon-x-y-trading/69329584
#22chimpactPosted 5/31/2014 3:03:00 AM
espeon is a poor pokemon to use on a stall team. it's frail, vulnerable to pursuit, and offers little to support the other members of the stall team. it's main purpose is just to be a cool mon for casuals or be the magic bounce / end game user for BP chains.
---
Youtube.com/chimpact - wifi battles, let's plays
#2317MasterPosted 5/31/2014 3:15:47 AM(edited)
Terrible idea. I have had matches where my offense was severely damaged in the early turns of a match due to critical hits, and I managed to turn the tables and get the win via patience, my recovery options and wearing my opponent down until a opening was available. Are you saying that someone deserves to lose because the RNG said "**** you" within the first five turns and he/she was smart enough to have a way to still make a turn around even though it takes a while?

If anything, if an excessive number of turns pass (though I would place that value much higher than fifty), if one player has used significantly more attacking moves than the other, the aggressor loses since he/she clearly is not getting anything done. That is also a terrible idea, but it is better than what was proposed, in my humble opinion.

I realize this is probably a bait topic and I just took it like a chump, but I felt the need to say something.

Edited for spelling error.
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/17Master
Official Milotic of the Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire boards.
#24JudgmenlPosted 5/31/2014 3:03:28 AM
The argument is that if you want to whine about a specific playstyle, than counter said playstyle.
---
http://i.imgur.com/sUtdyzN.png - http://weblab.cs.uml.edu/~rdupuis/gamefaqs-avatars/
#teamkyogre #zangoosesucks
#25rojsePosted 5/31/2014 3:05:18 AM
17Master posted...
Terrible idea. I have had matches where my offense was severely damaged in the early turns of a match due to critical hits, and I managed to turn the tables and get the win via patience, my recovery options and wearing my opponent down until a opening was available. Are you saying that someone deserves to lose because the RNG said "**** you" within the first five turns and he/she was smart enough to have a way to still make a turn around even though it takes a while?

If anything, if an excessive number of turns pass (though I would place that value much higher than fifty), if one player has used significantly more attacking moves than the other, the aggressor loses since he/she clearly is not getting anything done. That is also a terrible idea, but it is better than what was proposed, in my humble opinion.

I realize this is probably a bait topic and I jut took it like a chump, but I felt the need to say something.

Nah, it was worth keeping up with the thread to read something well-written like this, even if TC mightn't appreciate it.
---
Current Giveaway/Trade Thread (Current as of 30 May):
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/2000458-pokemon-x-y-trading/69329584
#26wolf rider(Topic Creator)Posted 5/31/2014 3:08:10 AM
chimpact posted...
if they're using a stall team their main way of doing damage to you is via status or hazards or weak attacks. you shouldnt be too worried about your taunt user not lasting the battle.

Gliscor / Mew are great example of taunt stallbreakers with decent recovery options in poison heal / softboiled.

you should really hit up smogon or watch some youtube battlers if you really want to improve. Dealing with problems instead of complaining about them [no offense] is a great way to get better

How many actually competitive taunt users are there though?
---
Pkmn Y IGN: Yagi
FC: 0447 6935 5049 TSV: 2357
#27wolf rider(Topic Creator)Posted 5/31/2014 3:12:10 AM
17Master posted...

That's not what I'm saying. That's the nature of how RNG works. But you do raise a good scenario.

Yeah, punish people for trying to win. That's a better idea.

I have to wonder whether anyone here has actually played competitive sports.
---
#28wolf rider(Topic Creator)Posted 5/31/2014 3:14:36 AM
rojse posted...
Nah, it was worth keeping up with the thread to read something well-written like this, even if TC mightn't appreciate it.

The only people who add no value to the thread are those that make snide git gud comments without discussing gameplay.

I'm starting to think half the people on this board don't actually play pokemon but just like to theorise about it.
---
#29HydregionzekPosted 5/31/2014 3:14:44 AM
Lol competitive sports

Just deal with it. They may win; it may be 150 turns. Sometimes, they may just be stalling. Deal with it!
---
IGN Caesar Fc:3024-5514-8113. Eevee, Dunsparce, Mincinno. TSV: 3089.
Member of +- guild, Cosmic Omega of 3G3
#30JudgmenlPosted 5/31/2014 3:16:27 AM
wolf rider posted...
chimpact posted...
if they're using a stall team their main way of doing damage to you is via status or hazards or weak attacks. you shouldnt be too worried about your taunt user not lasting the battle.

Gliscor / Mew are great example of taunt stallbreakers with decent recovery options in poison heal / softboiled.

you should really hit up smogon or watch some youtube battlers if you really want to improve. Dealing with problems instead of complaining about them [no offense] is a great way to get better

How many actually competitive taunt users are there though?

Infernape
Tyranitar
Mega-Mawile
Deo-D
Haxorus
Mega-Aggron
Mega-Banette
Bisharp
Chandelure
Conkeldurr
Crobat
Dusclops
Talonflame
Greninja
Gardevoir
Gengar
Gliscor
Gyarados
Hawlucha
Heatran
Keledo
Mandibuzz

do I have to continue?
---
http://i.imgur.com/sUtdyzN.png - http://weblab.cs.uml.edu/~rdupuis/gamefaqs-avatars/
#teamkyogre #zangoosesucks