This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

There needs to be a Timidity Clause

#41ZeldaTPLinkPosted 5/31/2014 3:37:12 AM
wolf rider posted...
ZeldaTPLink posted...
Wants to beat stall.

Refuses to use moves that beat stall even when viable pokemon learn them.

Refuses to play to win and talks about banning things instead of beating them with the tools the game offers for that.

And he thinks he knows e-sports. LOL

Also, Gengar with Taunt is great and you people should feel bad for not recognizing it.

You have misinterpreted what I've said in every one of those statements.

Then stop being a scrub and go beat stall.
---
3DS FC: 1865-0018-0383 Trainer/Mii name: Caio. Safari: Snorunt/Bergmite/Cloyster. PM me if you wanna trade safaris.
#42JudgmenlPosted 5/31/2014 3:37:32 AM
chimpact posted...
even though the TC isn't right about there being ways to stop stall teams from being effective. There aren't that many good taunt users in OU lol

Infernape - not that viable in ou
Tyranitar - just run mega and dd, taunt isnt needed
Mega-Mawile - sd can do well against stall
Deo-D
Haxorus - not that viable in ou
Mega-Aggron- not that viable in ou
Mega-Banette - not that viable in ou
Bisharp
Chandelure - not that viable in ou
Conkeldurr - usually AV
Crobat - not that viable in ou
Dusclops - not that viable in ou
Talonflame
Greninja - need the 4 coverage moves or haze
Gardevoir
Gengar - ehh
Gliscor
Gyarados
Hawlucha -.....
Heatran - torment / roar is better against stall
Keledo specs is better vs stall
Mandibuzz - knock off is better against stall

you forgot to add mew and tornadus-t, and possibly even thundurus, but thundurus can just use a mixed set with psychic (for mega venu) or nasty plot to deal with stall.

I was just shooting down a list of Pokemon with Taunt. I also forgot Whimsicott, which I knew but I just wanted to get 20 or so.

Now "Viable in OU" is a pretty broad term. A lot of stuff is viable in OU, people just have a bad frame of mind.

E.g. I used to run Mega-Aggron. He' is completely viable. Many of the cases you can also run crap like Toxic / Roost / Knock Off / Taunt Mandibuzz. It's just gimmicky.

Then again, people gonna argue to argue.
---
http://i.imgur.com/sUtdyzN.png - http://weblab.cs.uml.edu/~rdupuis/gamefaqs-avatars/
#teamkyogre #zangoosesucks
#4317MasterPosted 5/31/2014 3:54:35 AM
I think you missed my point (or my theory of bait topic received more ground). Regardless of whether or not there is a time limit, in competition, the player/team/whatever with the ability to slow down the opposition's progress while making his/their own progress is usually has the edge over the one whose sole train of thought is attack attack attack.

In basketball, the team that can get steals, blocks and rebounds, and then put up some points when they get the ball will win over a team that only knows how to shoot when they get the ball. In football, preventing the opposition from even getting a shot off seems a bigger deal than getting your own goals, since a strong defense can bring the match to a shootout, in which it comes down to which team has the better goalkeeper, a defender. Of course getting your own goals is great, but prevention > cure, so to say.

Neither of those really compare to Pokemon, so let me try something else. In boxing, wrestling, mixed martial arts, or what have you, a fighter who can protect himself effectively and capitalize on mistakes will have an edge over the fighter that is just swinging for the fences and wearing himself out (I realize that no one who takes those sports seriously is going to attack haphazardly like that, it is an example).

Back to the original point - defense, endurance, recovery, and patience are all a part of Pokemon, and the player that uses those will have the edge over the one that thinks it is all offense. All there is to it.
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/17Master
Official Milotic of the Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire boards.
#44Catluver17Posted 5/31/2014 4:26:58 AM
So, like Emerald?

I remember a Froniter area where you were judged on a time limit, how often you attacked, etc. Cant recall its name though.
---
I am, KITTENS MAN! Puppies are the devils followers.
3DS FC 1633-4915-5991. Y Safari: Rock: Dwebble, Corsola, Rhydon.
#45CptFluttershyPosted 5/31/2014 4:30:04 AM
Geez, people seem to cry about stall a lot. I should make a pure stall team with lke 1-2 power houses just to mess with people.

Gotta throw Smeargle and Rotom-W on it.
---
Oh, people read these?
Official Cheerleader of everything wrong with the Internet *\O/*
#46wolf rider(Topic Creator)Posted 5/31/2014 4:40:26 AM
17Master posted...
I think you missed my point (or my theory of bait topic received more ground). Regardless of whether or not there is a time limit, in competition, the player/team/whatever with the ability to slow down the opposition's progress while making his/their own progress is usually has the edge over the one whose sole train of thought is attack attack attack.

In basketball, the team that can get steals, blocks and rebounds, and then put up some points when they get the ball will win over a team that only knows how to shoot when they get the ball. In football, preventing the opposition from even getting a shot off seems a bigger deal than getting your own goals, since a strong defense can bring the match to a shootout, in which it comes down to which team has the better goalkeeper, a defender. Of course getting your own goals is great, but prevention > cure, so to say.

Neither of those really compare to Pokemon, so let me try something else. In boxing, wrestling, mixed martial arts, or what have you, a fighter who can protect himself effectively and capitalize on mistakes will have an edge over the fighter that is just swinging for the fences and wearing himself out (I realize that no one who takes those sports seriously is going to attack haphazardly like that, it is an example).

Back to the original point - defense, endurance, recovery, and patience are all a part of Pokemon, and the player that uses those will have the edge over the one that thinks it is all offense. All there is to it.

There is just so much wrong in what is obviously your theory on sports.

And once again I find myself the need to remind people with short attention spans that I have a bulky cleric as stated in my opening post, so am clearly not running hyper offence.
---
Pkmn Y IGN: Yagi
FC: 0447 6935 5049 TSV: 2357
#47SniperNightOwlPosted 5/31/2014 4:51:11 AM
People who play hyper offense are so bad lol... these topics... why don't I ever see people who play stall say people who attack a lot should automatically lose..
---
Stating your opinion =/= Trolling. Deal with it.
#4817MasterPosted 5/31/2014 4:57:23 AM
SniperNightOwl posted...
People who play hyper offense are so bad lol... these topics... why don't I ever see people who play stall say people who attack a lot should automatically lose..

Stall/Defensive players win against Hyper Offense players. They do not need some outside rule to gain an advantage. Of course you already know that.
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/17Master
Official Milotic of the Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire boards.