This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Tips on Sketching non-Status moves on Level 1 Smeargle?

#1bash678Posted 5/31/2014 4:48:31 AM
I have a question that perhaps others might be able to help.

I'm trying to Sketch four non-Status moves on a Smeargle, while strictly keeping him at Level 1. I can use Heart Scales to have the other Sketch moves but the catch is he must not gain experience but remains at Level 1.

The lowest double battle I can find is the 1-star restaurant with the elemental monkeys at Level 10. I can't use a Pokemon (with the move I want to Sketch) higher than Level 10 because it will knock out the monkeys and Smeargle gains experience, so I bred the moves on a Level 1 Pokemon so that it won't get the chance to knock the monkeys out.

I used Darkrai to make the monkeys sleep on the first turn but when I bring out Smeargle, they always wake up and knock him out before he gets the chance to Sketch.

The option I see is use Focus Sashes, but that's going to be a waste of four Sashes. Apart from the Sash, any idea on how to go about this?

Thanks.
---
FC: 4656-7089-2092 | IGN: Drayden
#2gsadr123Posted 5/31/2014 4:56:02 AM(edited)
Your best bet is probably the sashes
Edit: or get another Smeargle with the moves you want and Dark Void and spam Dark Void and then sketch the moves you want
---
FC: 3523-2637-9624, IGN: Bear, Friend Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, Dusclops
Mawile is amazing :)
#3bash678(Topic Creator)Posted 5/31/2014 5:09:13 AM
gsadr123 posted...
Edit: or get another Smeargle with the moves you want and Dark Void and spam Dark Void and then sketch the moves you want

Getting another Smeargle would probably be a good idea to avoid wasting Sashes. Thanks for your response.
---
FC: 4656-7089-2092 | IGN: Drayden
#4gsadr123Posted 5/31/2014 5:13:27 AM
bash678 posted...
gsadr123 posted...

Getting another Smeargle would probably be a good idea to avoid wasting Sashes. Thanks for your response.

No problem
---
FC: 3523-2637-9624, IGN: Bear, Friend Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, Dusclops
Mawile is amazing :)
#5JudgmenlPosted 5/31/2014 5:13:49 AM
If you do it in Gen IV you could probably abuse the Rage-Transform glitch.
---
http://i.imgur.com/sUtdyzN.png - http://weblab.cs.uml.edu/~rdupuis/gamefaqs-avatars/
#teamkyogre #zangoosesucks