This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Lets discuss a new dual type AND new psychic move!

#1dbzbadman06Posted 6/6/2014 10:24:51 AM
So lets say a steel/poison pokemon is introduced. What kind of pokemon would you want it to be? Attacker, staller, assist, physical/special? What if it has the ability levitate? That means it would only have one weakness to fire types (correct me if I'm wrong).

If this were to be created (especially with levitate), I think it'd be cool if a new psychic move was created that was super effective against steel types. Obviously this move would be 4x super effective against a steel/poison type. This would give psychic types a slight buff against a common type that resists their attacks.

Please share your thoughts!
---
3DS fc: 3308-4762-2086 :: Fighting Safari w/ Mankey, Hariyama, and Throh.
Name: Todd ** NID: dbzbadman
#2mrballerswagginPosted 6/6/2014 10:25:38 AM
I would want it to be defensive with levitate.
---
NNID: arigreenwood98 PM if you want to play Mario Kart 8
Listen to this! http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wPzPkJO-2Ks
#3SOAD5657Posted 6/6/2014 10:30:12 AM
It's typing is good enough defensively w/o levitate. Defensive pokemon with one weakness are incredibly obnoxious. Run the thing with a balloon and you're good to go.
---
GET a load of THIS!!!!!
#4Frost_RyansPosted 6/6/2014 10:30:26 AM
mrballerswaggin posted...
I would want it to be defensive with levitate.

Or else have access to magnet rise. Or just give it an air balloon.
---
There are very few conflicts in the world that are truly between good and evil; rather, they are between two different interpretations of what is good.
#5SpecsDoubIadePosted 6/6/2014 10:31:40 AM
Fire/ Poison with Limber.
---
Let's just make accounts of the Doublades with items on it. Doublades wanted for glory.
Official Shiny Eviolite Doublade wearing Choice Specs of anything.
#6porygon_z_129Posted 6/6/2014 10:33:17 AM
Earthquake says hi.
---
FC:3539-9813-2428 IGN:James TSV:0444 | List:http://tinyurl.com/z-129shinylist
Serperior and Porygon-Z is better than any of your opinions.
#7dbzbadman06(Topic Creator)Posted 6/6/2014 10:36:19 AM
Levitate would make it more difficult to take down especially if it was a more bulky type. Maybe if it had 80/80/80 in HP/DEF/SpDef so it isn't too tough to bring down. Without levitate, a 4x weakness to ground would be a tough thing to take. It would need very high HP and/or DEF to take an EQ. But like some of you said, air balloon and magnet rise would help out. I think most people would run air balloon on it if it didn't have levitate. Unless it was a fast pokemon.
---
#8Flow_149Posted 6/6/2014 10:49:58 AM
Having one x4 weakness would be ideal. If that really bothers you then just run air balloon.
---
3DS: 3411-1638-1024
Mayor of Starro.
#9Alpha218Posted 6/6/2014 11:26:10 AM
No, can't use a Psychic move that hits Steel types for SE as justification.

Case and point: Freeze-Dry.

A move such as Freeze-Dry will have no distribution. If it does, it will be forced to be centralized in too many builds to counter this Pokemon with almost no weakness, and it will probably have awful base power as well because the added effect is too good.
---
I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite user on the Citadel.
3DS FC: 5429-8904-8022 Friend Safari: Flying - Pidgey, Tranquill, Hawlcuha
#10dbzbadman06(Topic Creator)Posted 6/6/2014 11:29:50 AM
Alpha218 posted...
No, can't use a Psychic move that hits Steel types for SE as justification.

Case and point: Freeze-Dry.

A move such as Freeze-Dry will have no distribution. If it does, it will be forced to be centralized in too many builds to counter this Pokemon with almost no weakness, and it will probably have awful base power as well because the added effect is too good.

What if it has a 75-80 BP and can only be learned by psychic types through lvl up moves and breeding? I think that would make it powerful enough to consider running instead of psychic but not too powerful to start KO'ing all steel types.
---