This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Lets build the ideal Technician user.

#21paipr(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2014 7:03:49 AM
I think a

Fighting/Ice
Electric/Fighting
Poison/Ice
Grass/Dragon
Dragon/Fighting

Could be interesting.
---
A long time ago someone asked me why Pokemon doesn't have NewGame+ that was the day my mind was blown.
fc:0602-6823-9646, SV:932,FS:electric.
#221998_zPosted 6/20/2014 7:18:29 AM
Speedy Ice/Fighting with Mach Punch and Ice Shard. Dragon/Fighting with Dual Chop is pretty neat too.
---
The sole rule of any videogamer is to save save save. Especially when something rare happens. - LightHawKnight
#23RJrockstarPosted 6/20/2014 8:16:41 AM
A special user would use it best Lets say its BST is at 520

Incinerate
Ancient Power
Rock Tomb
Magical Leaf
Air Cutter
Shock Wave
Frost Breath
Water Pulse
Snarl
Electroweb
Mud Shot
Icy Wind
Charge Beam

Only a Normal type could pull off such a moveset
---
Pokemon X Friend Safari:Ghost- Shuppet, Pumpaboo, Golurk
FC is:4313-1594-4125 IGN:Faizmon
#24SaintparaPosted 6/20/2014 10:18:37 AM
It has to have a high offensive stat or good typing to buy setup turns. 90 power isn't much so it's core moves will need STAB and technician together to be worthwhile. Also, as Breloom taught us, multi hit moves tend to be very strong.

I'm going with water/ice physical attacker. He'll have water shuriken, icicle spear, swords dance, pursuit, metal claw, bulldoze, low sweep, rock slide and aerial ace as technician moves with, say, close combat and thunder wave for extra support and raw power.

No double priority because I wouldn't want to break him. Water Shuriken will be between 80 and 200 power, which is insane for a priority move. Icicle spear gives him another powerful STAB and water plus ice had great natural coverage.

Low sweep and bulldoze have 90 power with speed effects to troll threats with or close combat provides a chunk of raw coverage.

I'd lean towards only 110 base attack and 100 speed, since he has such high BP attacks and swords dance. 90/90/90 defenses and 60 special attack caps him at 540 BST, which is reasonable and gives him enough bulk to not completely melt when sneezed at.

I'm visualizing an ice shelled ninja turtle here...
---
FC: 1736-0592-7050 (Saintess) (FS: Grumpig, Girafarig, Sigilyph)
"Is there a barista in here? Because this roast just got DARK!" - Andy Samberg
#25paipr(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2014 2:43:36 PM
I was asking my wife what she thinks of when she thinks of a Technician (completely un-Pokemon related) and her response was a guy that works around electricity with goggles.

So my thought based on that is;

Electric/Steel: not a commonly used type, but it could work. Could be described as liking to help electric types that get overloaded with electricity.

Electric/Ground; while not as "technologically" sounding for a Technician, it could also play into the above mentioned concept using its Ground type to keep it safe when aiding electric types that are overloaded with electricity.

Electric/Fighting; fits the them the least, but it be a unique typing, and might enjoy the ability. And with fighting types kinda being the 'honorable' type in the Pokemon world, (and this is stretching it) they could still be self-sacrificing in helping other Pokemon release their electricity.
---
A long time ago someone asked me why Pokemon doesn't have NewGame+ that was the day my mind was blown.
fc:0602-6823-9646, SV:932,FS:electric.
#26jdeo1997Posted 6/23/2014 10:43:15 AM(edited)
mixed attacker states

all always accurate and priority moves except Aura Sphere and Extremespeed, Charge Beam, Power-up punch, icy wind, rock smash, dragon breath, ember, bubble beam, rock throw, fairy wind, clonfusion, hes, bite, and all multi-hit moves

make it a lemur
---
friend code: 0774-4749-8448 friend zone dragon
Official Charizard X of the Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire boards
#27jdeo1997Posted 6/23/2014 10:48:23 AM
Steel_Shadows posted...
You know, while we're at it, just retcon Weavile's HA from Pickpocket to Technician.

nah, let's make it be Mega Weavile's ability. let's also boost it's attack and speed (and maybe defenses)
---
#28Steel_ShadowsPosted 6/23/2014 10:52:17 AM
jdeo1997 posted...
Steel_Shadows posted...
You know, while we're at it, just retcon Weavile's HA from Pickpocket to Technician.

nah, let's make it be Mega Weavile's ability. let's also boost it's attack and speed (and maybe defenses)

But 50 of the 100 stat boost points into Special Attack because TrollFreak.

Though, actually, now that I think about it...
---
Games are like women, they don't have to be smokin' hawt to make me happy.-Mr_X_Returns
Member of the IRDC, where everything's a dirty joke.
#29jdeo1997Posted 6/23/2014 11:00:44 AM
Steel_Shadows posted...
jdeo1997 posted...
Steel_Shadows posted...

But 50 of the 100 stat boost points into Special Attack because TrollFreak.

Though, actually, now that I think about it...

that'd be about 95 special attack. too bad Weavile barely has a Special movepool to take advantage of a theoretical boost like that
---
#30Steel_ShadowsPosted 6/23/2014 11:04:29 AM(edited)
It has Surf, Snarl, Shadow Ball, Ice Beam, Icy Wind, and Hidden Power. Not much, but probably enough to work with in a hypothetical Technician special attacker.

Edit: To make it usable, they'd probably have to redistribute points from its Attack stat, but again, TrollFreak.
---
Games are like women, they don't have to be smokin' hawt to make me happy.-Mr_X_Returns
Member of the IRDC, where everything's a dirty joke.