This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I see people defending IV's...

#1SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 6/23/2014 11:01:08 PM
I'll not argue that they haven't been handled better this gen. This is the first gen in which it's possible to form entire competitive teams without rng abuse, hacking or a string of miracles.

But still, that feeling when you hatch a shiny with the wrong IV's... >_<

1-9 HP isn't going to cut it, Shinx. Sorry bud.
---
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr - http://www.youtube.com/user/SuprSaiyanRockr
3DS FC: 3093-7125-1394
#2zelionxPosted 6/23/2014 11:02:02 PM
ivs help the skill gap. but the new breeding mechanics ruined that
---
3DS: 5412-9925-4803 Everything else: ZelionX
Go Spurs Go :)
#3SuprSaiyanRockr(Topic Creator)Posted 6/23/2014 11:15:26 PM
zelionx posted...

Breeding never took skill.
---
#4DMC_TrixiePosted 6/23/2014 11:22:50 PM
zelionx posted...

I run imperfect pokemon (because I dont a 6iv ditto or ditto safari but regardless), I still manage to beat 60% of the folks on battle spot that I know run perfect iv pokemon... but it is free battle. I need better strategies.T_T
---
The Official Great and Powerful Trixie of Gamefaqs!
#5FluffySDPosted 6/24/2014 12:27:42 AM
IVs are great and defendable if you need LOWER than 31 in a stats IVs there is all kinds of awesome things you can do with 0 iv pokemon. Most notably with the attack stat(less confusion damage) and speed stat(twice faster than equivalent positive IVs thanks to trick room!)

They don't add much to much but it's important when you have a pokemon like lilligant that boosts to +6 and 4 extra special attack means winning or loosing vs a 4x resist on petal dance!

Unfortunately meta choices ruin the value of IVs but in casual play/teams of your favorite pokemon they are awesome!

Only black and white and hoenn had relevant level 100 battling stuff so for the most part IVs are wasted except on WEAK pokemon where they often double the mon's stat!
---
--- Pokemon X - OT Niji - 0104 - 1353 - 7957 ---
#6FluffySDPosted 6/24/2014 12:30:04 AM
They make impact really only in the main game where you have to defeat 4-10 trainers in a row without a heal break.... Marathon battling makes them amazing. Healing then battle makes them unimportant (like wifi battles) aside for tricks and gimmicks
---
#7SuprSaiyanRockr(Topic Creator)Posted 6/24/2014 12:32:23 AM
FluffySD posted...
IVs are great and defendable if you need LOWER than 31 in a stats IVs there is all kinds of awesome things you can do with 0 iv pokemon. Most notably with the attack stat(less confusion damage) and speed stat(twice faster than equivalent positive IVs thanks to trick room!)

They don't add much to much but it's important when you have a pokemon like lilligant that boosts to +6 and 4 extra special attack means winning or loosing vs a 4x resist on petal dance!

Unfortunately meta choices ruin the value of IVs but in casual play/teams of your favorite pokemon they are awesome!

Only black and white and hoenn had relevant level 100 battling stuff so for the most part IVs are wasted except on WEAK pokemon where they often double the mon's stat!

Eh, yes, there is some variation, but not much.

You want 0, 30 or 31, depending on the stat.
---
#8TropiOUsPosted 6/24/2014 12:40:09 AM
FluffySD posted...

protip: those are irrelevant and never make a differnce. And except for like Ferrothorn using Gyro Ball, all trick room mons are already slower than Valve releasing Half Life 3
---
Yes, I'm that guy from Smogon. 80% of my posts are troll posts. I HATE DRUDDIGON. http://puu.sh/9wWTN.gif
#9FluffySDPosted 6/24/2014 12:47:55 AM
TropiOUs posted...
FluffySD posted...

protip: those are irrelevant and never make a differnce. And except for like Ferrothorn using Gyro Ball, all trick room mons are already slower than Valve releasing Half Life 3

There is a lot of pokemon you want to underspend for a move that powers up after your opponent attacks but otherwise want to outspeed all other threats. Also relevant in quash plays and a host of other specific ginmicks(which the game is designed around).

That said IVs being "random" I think is the main issue everyone is really meaning.
---
#10TropiOUsPosted 6/24/2014 12:49:49 AM
FluffySD posted...
TropiOUs posted...
FluffySD posted...

There is a lot of pokemon you want to underspend for a move that powers up after your opponent attacks but otherwise want to outspeed all other threats. Also relevant in quash plays and a host of other specific ginmicks(which the game is designed around).

That said IVs being "random" I think is the main issue everyone is really meaning.

>quash
ok I can ignore your post now.
---
Yes, I'm that guy from Smogon. 80% of my posts are troll posts. I HATE DRUDDIGON. http://puu.sh/9wWTN.gif