This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pokemon: Symphonic Evolutions announced

#1RayCRPPosted 6/30/2014 9:52:40 AM
My buddies Jeron and Chad, who brought us Zelda: Symphony of the Goddesses, just announced via Facebook that their latest project is a Pokemon orchestral concert tour, premiering first in Washington, DC in August, just before the 2014 Pokemon World Championships!

http://www.thetanooki.com/2014/06/30/pokemon-symphonic-evolutions-orchestral-concert-tour-announced/

Philadelphia in September, with more dates to be announced!
---
Editor-in-Chief at TheTanooki.com; Looking for new news/culture writers!
Follow me on Miiverse/Twitter/Instagram: ChristianPonte
#2zelionxPosted 6/30/2014 9:54:40 AM
Sounds awesome. I have a copy of Zelda's 25th anniversary on CD. Hopefully they'll have it on CD like the Zelda one because I live nowhere near those two cities
---
3DS: 5412-9925-4803 Everything else: ZelionX
ok
#3RayCRP(Topic Creator)Posted 6/30/2014 9:58:19 AM
More dates will be announced. I don't know their plans, but I'd bet on Los Angeles and Seattle getting dates, Portland likely, and they know I'm going to bug them for Chicago.

As for a CD, I wouldn't get hopes too high. Not saying it won't happen, but due to legal issues and Nintendo being very protective of their music, I know they had to jump through hoops to even get the Zelda Symphony on an (incomplete) CD.
---
#4Johnny EaglePosted 6/30/2014 10:53:41 AM
Anyone else not know TC was talking about a concert when they saw the topic title?
---
"Life's a game. It's meant to be played."
"Amateurs built the Ark. Professionals built the Titanic."
#5toad878Posted 6/30/2014 10:58:15 AM
Johnny Eagle posted...
Anyone else not know TC was talking about a concert when they saw the topic title?

I didn't.
---
GENERATION 118: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
#6Lonta_Beans3Posted 6/30/2014 10:59:10 AM
toad878 posted...
Johnny Eagle posted...

I didn't.

---
GFAQs sucks, you suck, mods suck, etc. I don't suck, I'm just that amazing.
3DS FC: 1289-8495-8484 IGN: Lonta | Skype: lontabeans
#7Latias007Posted 6/30/2014 11:02:40 AM
Lonta_Beans3 posted...
toad878 posted...
Johnny Eagle posted...

I didn't.

---
Official Sim and Dex mod of PokeBattle (Ketchi).
The 60th best player worldwide as of Doubles Season 1. PM me anytime for a challenge, best out of 3 matches.
#8PkmTrainerAbramPosted 6/30/2014 11:04:17 AM
The One Ups do the same sort of thing, I'm confused as to why they would have problems with getting a CD out.

Also, didn't know of this group before this. Will definitely check them out.
---
3DS Friend Code:0044 4173 2062
IGN: Is Abram in Japanese.....Friend Safari: Steel - Klang/Magneton/Klefki TSV:2134
#9RayCRP(Topic Creator)Posted 6/30/2014 12:03:36 PM
The One Ups are a cover band. That's different. Likewise, Jeron was involved with the Twilight Symphony remix album that came out a while back, featuring fan arrangements of music from Zelda: Twilight Princess. This requires a completely different license, one that Nintendo seemingly isn't as picky about.

But when Nintendo, the actual copyright holder, chooses to release their music onto physical albums (legally, a "phonorecord"), it becomes subject to mechanical license. Other parties (such as Sony and Microsoft) would be allowed to cover and/or reproduce part of the original Nintendo compositions in their games, provided they're willing to pay the licensing fees. That's why Nintendo is particularly protective of releasing their music on physical albums in the States.
---
#10RayCRP(Topic Creator)Posted 6/30/2014 1:25:57 PM
Latias007 posted...
Lonta_Beans3 posted...
toad878 posted...
Johnny Eagle posted...

I didn't.

Hmm, in hindsight, I probably could have gone with a better title...
---