This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So, what's the big, massive appeal in Eevee and it's evolutions?

#21RJrockstarPosted 7/2/2014 2:15:19 PM
Dey so Kawaii

And at least half of them are competitively viable, so that's good.
---
Pokemon X Friend Safari:Ghost- Shuppet, Pumpaboo, Golurk
FC is:4313-1594-4125 IGN:Faizmon
#22Offworlder1Posted 7/2/2014 2:31:25 PM
It's easy, Eevee has many different evolutions and most people find atleast one that they think is good or best to suit their team, it's also the one pokemon everyone agrees is very versatile so the real question is "what eevee works for me ?" .
---
"Always two there are, a master and an apprentice"
#23rojsePosted 7/2/2014 2:33:15 PM
Offworlder1 posted...
it's also the one pokemon everyone agrees is very versatile

Yeah, it's not like most offensive Eeveelutions need to run Hidden Power to get decent coverage. Oh, wait.
---
The Adventure of Miss Jocelyn, Ace Trainer Model Fashionista Extraordinaire:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/69366760
#24stormier12Posted 7/2/2014 2:33:36 PM
snuffles504 posted...
stormier12 posted...
I have this theory where, the first Eevee may have been an avatar of Arceus o_O think about it: it is a pokemon who has the potential of every type hidden within its genes, only it becomes fixed when it evolves. Arceus with its plates, can change its type at will, Eevee perhaps has the same genetic basis as Arceus In that it contains the potential to become any type in theory, but in its form as an Eevee it is limited to fulfilling one path.

Head-canon accepted.

Why thank you for liking my theory :) I thought about putting this as a topic to see what other people think regarding Eevee/Arceus and I still might.
#25Offworlder1Posted 7/2/2014 2:41:33 PM
rojse posted...
Offworlder1 posted...

Yeah, it's not like most offensive Eeveelutions need to run Hidden Power to get decent coverage. Oh, wait.

Oh wait what other pokemon has all kinds of different evolution paths and is able to be tailored to suit your play style no matter what ?

Just leave it be next time rojse.
---
#26rojsePosted 7/2/2014 2:44:48 PM
Offworlder1 posted...
rojse posted...
Offworlder1 posted...

Oh wait what other pokemon has all kinds of different evolution paths and is able to be tailored to suit your play style no matter what ?

I love Eevee but they all have a really shallow offensive movepool to work with.

Jolteon needs to run HP Ice for coverage.
Offensive Espeon needs to run HP Fire or HP Fighting.
Offensive Vaporeon needs to run HP Grass or HP Electric.
Glaceon needs HP Ground for coverage.

The only one exempt from that is Sylveon, who has enough decent coverage with ghost/psychic/fairy to not have to worry about that.
---
The Adventure of Miss Jocelyn, Ace Trainer Model Fashionista Extraordinaire:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/69366760
#27snuffles504Posted 7/2/2014 3:50:16 PM
rojse posted...
Offworlder1 posted...
rojse posted...
Offworlder1 posted...

I love Eevee but they all have a really shallow offensive movepool to work with.

The only one exempt from that is Sylveon, who has enough decent coverage with ghost/psychic/fairy to not have to worry about that.

You realize Offworlder was referring to the evolutionary family as a whole, not any single one of them? Eevee is versatile in the sense that you'll have no difficulty with being able to work one of its evolutions into your team, competitive or not.
---
Official Rinzler of the Kingdom Hearts III Board
X FC: 5112-3893-8337 IGN: Abraham
#28Offworlder1Posted 7/2/2014 4:06:31 PM
snuffles504 posted...
rojse posted...
Offworlder1 posted...
rojse posted...
Offworlder1 posted...

You realize Offworlder was referring to the evolutionary family as a whole, not any single one of them? Eevee is versatile in the sense that you'll have no difficulty with being able to work one of its evolutions into your team, competitive or not.

Theres a reason I stopped replying to to rojse, this person is to slow to figure out what I meant and instead jumps into all this BS based on specifics in competitive battling that has no bearing at all with anything in my post. The topic creator's question is what I gave an answer to, my answer was sound and did not touch on anything but why people like eevee evolutions.
---
#29ZaybixPosted 7/2/2014 4:20:14 PM
rojse posted...
Offworlder1 posted...
rojse posted...
Offworlder1 posted...

Espeon also has Psychic/Ghost/Fairy coverage.
---
"Always bring a banana to a party. Bananas are good."
Storm Silver Nuzlocke: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/2000300-pokemon-emerald-social/69422768
#30Faust_8Posted 7/2/2014 4:29:31 PM
DasManiac posted...
German_koffing posted...
Adam_Ace posted...
Eevee is the cutest pokemon in the game. The original 3 Eeveelutions were an awesome concept and which was interesting and one of a kind at its introduction. And now they're milking it for every damn penny. Not that I mind but they really should've stopped at Esp-Umb.

I just want them to make the dragon evo and be done with it so every type classified as a special type has an eevolution

Dragon eevee will never happen. The Eeveelutions are meant to be balanced. They are all strong against another Eeveelution. Dragon is only strong against itself. Ground and Poison are next.

Flareon wasn't strong against any Eeveelution until Leafeon and Glaceon were introduced.
---
"It's hard to reason people out of positions they didn't reason themselves into."
--JonWood