This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should I bother with any other pokemon game?

#1toadiemanPosted 7/2/2014 9:38:37 AM
Should I just play X and/or Y?
---
I can't wait to bomb some dodongos
#2Adam_AcePosted 7/2/2014 9:40:00 AM
:) Play the game. If you like it then play the others if you want if not then just sell it and get Warriors Orochi Ultimate.
#3CaptainZangoosePosted 7/2/2014 9:44:48 AM
Adam_Ace posted...
:) Play the game. If you like it then play the others if you want if not then just sell it and get Warriors Orochi Ultimate.

Do this, except when ye buy a different game, get one that isn't a load of s***.
#4TropiOUsPosted 7/2/2014 9:45:30 AM
no
all of them are the same thing
---
Yes, I'm that guy from Smogon. 80% of my posts are troll posts. I HATE DRUDDIGON. http://puu.sh/9wWTN.gif
#5LegoburnPosted 7/2/2014 9:48:43 AM
If you're referring to the main series, there is really no reason to buy the earlier games over XY especially with Wifi being discontinued.

I personally prefer the main games over spinoffs like Mystery Dungeon but that's just me.
#6toadieman(Topic Creator)Posted 7/2/2014 9:50:55 AM
Legoburn posted...
If you're referring to the main series, there is really no reason to buy the earlier games over XY especially with Wifi being discontinued.

I personally prefer the main games over spinoffs like Mystery Dungeon but that's just me.

Yeah I mean main games. And yeah with the wifi off on the ds games you can't really fight or trade people from anywhere.
---
#7SirPikachuPosted 7/2/2014 9:51:58 AM
I would say to try Emerald/FireRed/LeafGreen. And the spin-offs, like Mystery Dungeons(except for the 3DS one) or Gales of Darkness XD.

And keep in mind that Nintendo is selling NONE of these games, and it's hard to find them at a reasonable price. But there are ways to play them for free that won't hurt anyone, or cause anyone to lose any profits from the game.
---
3DS FC: 2380-3181-9777
Everyone call me elf monster
#8Adam_AcePosted 7/2/2014 9:54:45 AM
toadieman posted...
Legoburn posted...

Yeah I mean main games. And yeah with the wifi off on the ds games you can't really fight or trade people from anywhere.

That's the one thing I mean the games Pokemon can be migrated up to Gen VI but...Nintendo could shut the Bank off at any time which would mean that they can reset the franchise at any time.
#9toadieman(Topic Creator)Posted 7/2/2014 10:03:35 AM
Adam_Ace posted...
toadieman posted...
Legoburn posted...

That's the one thing I mean the games Pokemon can be migrated up to Gen VI but...Nintendo could shut the Bank off at any time which would mean that they can reset the franchise at any time.

So you would play the older games just to get older pokemon into X/Y then. Aren't most pokemon from older games already in X/Y?
---
#10Adam_AcePosted 7/2/2014 10:06:24 AM
toadieman posted...
Adam_Ace posted...
toadieman posted...
Legoburn posted...

So you would play the older games just to get older pokemon into X/Y then. Aren't most pokemon from older games already in X/Y?

No I play the the old games because I like the old games XD. Transferring the Pokemon over just seems like a nice continuation if you want to put it that way. It's kind of like when you get a reward for having a gamesave of a previous game. :) I don't mind it.

You don't NEED the other games to complete Pokemon XY but you can play them if you like.