This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Question about Mewtwo

#1chaman27Posted 7/5/2014 5:33:28 PM
Hey all,

Been playing through alot of the older Pokemon games recently. Just caught a Mewtwo in Heart Gold. If I level it to 100, and learn Aura Sphere, will I still be able to learn Psystrike once I move it to X/Y, if he's already max level?

I've tried to do some research, and didn't really come up with anything, but I'm guessing not. I would assume the move wouldn't be able to be retaught from the move tutor if it was never learned, since Psystrike didn't exist before Gen V.

Thanks for any help or answers in advance.
---
Most Played WoW characters: Night Elf Druid(Kurandor, Playing now), 70 Draenei Shaman (Berios--Retired),70 Dwarf Warrior (Scrathur) on Cenarion Circle
#2DigiWillpowerPosted 7/5/2014 5:37:35 PM
Considering that Psystrike is part of his normal level-up moves then it's very likely.

You can't re-learn tutor/event moves because the game isn't auto-programmed to know whether or not they're capable of doing so. There shouldn't be a problem.
---
I might look like a total troll, but trust me, I only troll when I feel like it.
#3VintageRonJohnPosted 7/5/2014 5:46:34 PM(edited)
DigiWillpower posted...
Considering that Psystrike is part of his normal level-up moves then it's very likely.

You can't re-learn tutor/event moves because the game isn't auto-programmed to know whether or not they're capable of doing so. There shouldn't be a problem.

Yes, you should be able to learn Psystrike. If nothing else, the Kalos move re-learner "will reteach your Pokémon any move in its level up for the price of a single heart scale," according to Serebii.

http://www.serebii.net/xy/movetutor.shtml
---
Conduit 2: RonJohn 3868-8419-8160 [D-S]Jolt 4986-1435-0700
The Conduit: RonJohn 3309-2472-4741