This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Question about breeding? Help

#1OIVldzPosted 7/9/2014 6:34:05 AM
I'm breeding for a perfect Charmander with perfect Iv's

But lets say , ONCE I get a male and female with all 6 perfect ivs will breeding them together with destiny Knot always get me a perfect Charmander over and over again?
#2OIVldz(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2014 6:36:38 AM
Im using this guide from Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CtLqTc8IaM
#3MogKnightAzurePosted 7/9/2014 6:38:28 AM(edited)
OIVldz posted...
I'm breeding for a perfect Charmander with perfect Iv's

But lets say , ONCE I get a male and female with all 6 perfect ivs will breeding them together with destiny Knot always get me a perfect Charmander over and over again?

It will always give you a Charmander with 5 perfect IVs, as the Destiny Knot can only pass 5 IVs down. you'll have a 1/32 chance at getting a child with all 6 perfect IVs, as thats what you roll randomly to determine the last IV.

Unless you go mixed or for a specific Hidden Power, most of the time 5 IVs is already 'perfect' and you're realistically rolling a 1/6 chance for the imperfect IV to be attack/special attack, whichever you aren't using.

EDIT: Oh and dont forget to have an everstone on the parent with the desirable nature.
---
"pkmn X focused on the online, making it easier to trade and battle. but this will never work unless they remove this horrible metagaming." - immadbro
#4OIVldz(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2014 6:44:25 AM
Oh okay that where i messed up I thought it was 6 ivs but your right its 5 ivs only thank you.