This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone thinking about skipping the next Pokemon game?

#1EvilmonsterPosted 7/9/2014 8:47:12 AM
Not the Sapphire/Ruby remake, but the next generation.

Let me say this first, I love Pokemon. I'm 26 and I still love it. Heck, I even dressed up as Ash Ketchum at an anime convention in my early 20's, can any of you say that?

That being said... the games are so easy. The last 2 games I had to force myself to finish because of how easy they were. I don't mind the countless trainers throughout the journey to be easy/xp fodder, but the gym leaders, E4 and the Champ are so simplistically easy.

I just figured out that yes, these games are for kids. Games for kids aren't bad, I still love them, but the difficulty is for kids. In an RPG/collecting game where there is little to no story or character development, where the battle/leveling up/raising your Pokemon is not really needed except for the meta-game, it's hard to find it enjoyable.

I wish they included a difficulty choice or instead of 2 versions that are simple Pokemon swaps, made an adult and everyone version... one can dream.

I will most likely end up buying it, as usual, but its definitely not in my top 10 series anymore (Of all time maybe). It's almost a chore to play now.
#2samus885Posted 7/9/2014 8:47:41 AM
Not unless I drop out of Pokemon for the third time.
---
Pokemon X IGN: Jennifer Pokemon Y IGN: Wonder FC: 0619-4878-4523 TSV: 1925 (X) ???? (Y)
All hail Root, the savior of the entire Pokemon World...
#3LexifoxPosted 7/9/2014 8:49:14 AM
Not skipping because the games are fun and I like the competitive/multiplayer aspect over the story section that is intended for very young children.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#4lawlnopePosted 7/9/2014 8:49:15 AM
I never skipped a gen and I never will.
---
Laugh. It's all good.
#5Master_DartzPosted 7/9/2014 8:49:36 AM
No.
---
Member of Kyogre's Cascade.
3DS FC: 1779-1472-3660 | Friend safari: Panpour, Quagsire, and Azumarill.
#6HydregionzekPosted 7/9/2014 8:49:56 AM
Lexifox posted...
Not skipping because the games are fun and I like the competitive/multiplayer aspect over the story section that is intended for very young children.

---
IGN Captain Fc:3024-5514-8113. TSV: IDK yet. Part of 3G3, +/-
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/69506422 - My Egglocke; read please
#7Matthew3DSGamerPosted 7/9/2014 8:50:36 AM
Hydregionzek posted...
Lexifox posted...

---
Mega Absol is competitively viable. PM me if you agree. Number of people who agree so far: 27
Gamefaqs in a nutshell: http://i.imgur.com/zsJwM22.gif
#8bonannPosted 7/9/2014 8:51:08 AM
Depends on my interest for them, like you, I had to force myself to beat the games the last two generations. Hell, I still don't even know over half of the Gen V Pokemon, even with pictures. Hopefully OR/AS can reignite the feeling I had once before.
---
Opinions
#9LotrMorgothPosted 7/9/2014 8:52:03 AM
i would still play it though i do wish for a "more mature" story to go with it

my bigger problem is I wish there was a greater diversity in pokemon in earlier parts of the game; or make a meaningful post-E4 game so you can use your best team for something rewarding
---
"You will not be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life"-Camus
#10LexifoxPosted 7/9/2014 8:54:31 AM
LotrMorgoth posted...
i would still play it though i do wish for a "more mature" story to go with it

The story parts of the game are made for children.

Also we just had a story that was about limited resources and mass murder.

my bigger problem is I wish there was a greater diversity in pokemon in earlier parts of the game; or make a meaningful post-E4 game so you can use your best team for something rewarding

...You gave an orphan a family and a reason to live.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod