This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone thinking about skipping the next Pokemon game?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Anyone thinking about skipping the next Pokemon game?
2 years ago#1
Not the Sapphire/Ruby remake, but the next generation.

Let me say this first, I love Pokemon. I'm 26 and I still love it. Heck, I even dressed up as Ash Ketchum at an anime convention in my early 20's, can any of you say that?

That being said... the games are so easy. The last 2 games I had to force myself to finish because of how easy they were. I don't mind the countless trainers throughout the journey to be easy/xp fodder, but the gym leaders, E4 and the Champ are so simplistically easy.

I just figured out that yes, these games are for kids. Games for kids aren't bad, I still love them, but the difficulty is for kids. In an RPG/collecting game where there is little to no story or character development, where the battle/leveling up/raising your Pokemon is not really needed except for the meta-game, it's hard to find it enjoyable.

I wish they included a difficulty choice or instead of 2 versions that are simple Pokemon swaps, made an adult and everyone version... one can dream.

I will most likely end up buying it, as usual, but its definitely not in my top 10 series anymore (Of all time maybe). It's almost a chore to play now.
2 years ago#2
Not unless I drop out of Pokemon for the third time.
Pokemon X IGN: Jennifer Pokemon Y IGN: Wonder FC: 0619-4878-4523 TSV: 1925 (X) ???? (Y)
All hail Root, the savior of the entire Pokemon World...
2 years ago#3
Not skipping because the games are fun and I like the competitive/multiplayer aspect over the story section that is intended for very young children.
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
2 years ago#4
I never skipped a gen and I never will.
Laugh. It's all good.
2 years ago#5
No.
Member of Kyogre's Cascade.
3DS FC: 1779-1472-3660 | Friend safari: Panpour, Quagsire, and Azumarill.
2 years ago#6
Lexifox posted...
Not skipping because the games are fun and I like the competitive/multiplayer aspect over the story section that is intended for very young children.
IGN Captain Fc:3024-5514-8113. TSV: IDK yet. Part of 3G3, +/-
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/69506422 - My Egglocke; read please
2 years ago#7
Hydregionzek posted...
Lexifox posted...
Mega Absol is competitively viable. PM me if you agree. Number of people who agree so far: 27
Gamefaqs in a nutshell: http://i.imgur.com/zsJwM22.gif
2 years ago#8
Depends on my interest for them, like you, I had to force myself to beat the games the last two generations. Hell, I still don't even know over half of the Gen V Pokemon, even with pictures. Hopefully OR/AS can reignite the feeling I had once before.
Opinions
2 years ago#9
i would still play it though i do wish for a "more mature" story to go with it

my bigger problem is I wish there was a greater diversity in pokemon in earlier parts of the game; or make a meaningful post-E4 game so you can use your best team for something rewarding
"You will not be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life"-Camus
2 years ago#10
LotrMorgoth posted...
i would still play it though i do wish for a "more mature" story to go with it

The story parts of the game are made for children.

Also we just had a story that was about limited resources and mass murder.

my bigger problem is I wish there was a greater diversity in pokemon in earlier parts of the game; or make a meaningful post-E4 game so you can use your best team for something rewarding

...You gave an orphan a family and a reason to live.
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Anyone thinking about skipping the next Pokemon game?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived