This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

question

#1xxxrauberxxxPosted 7/11/2014 2:02:42 PM
I want to know what are the best defensive walls that can learn rapid spin/defog for this gen metagame?
#2TommyEmpoleonPosted 7/11/2014 2:04:18 PM
try a mandibuzz out i believe it gets defog and is quite bulky
---
FC:0559/8077/5120 IGN Red X List:http://tinyurl.com/mnowvjt
Official Dragon Elite Four leader of the MGM GFAQS Pokeleague
#3Chaosmaster00Posted 7/11/2014 2:05:25 PM(edited)
Walls or tanks? Off my head, good options may be Blastoise for RS, probably Mandibuzz for Defog? Don't take my word for them, though.
---
3DS FC: 1590-4884-9269 | PKMN X - IGN: Sapphire [Fire FS: Growlithe, Charmeleon, Braixen]
The true Triple-Completionist of the Denpa Men series! Mad respect!
#4xxxrauberxxx(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2014 2:27:56 PM
who can take more hits skarmory or mandibuzz?
#5dirkacPosted 7/11/2014 2:31:09 PM
xxxrauberxxx posted...

A lot, but Mandibuzz is just the physical wall this Gen with Overcoat, and access to Defog, Roost, Ful Play, and Knock Off.
---
Le Surskit God~
#6jamstaere08Posted 7/11/2014 2:33:51 PM
xxxrauberxxx posted...

Skarmory has 2 less weaknesses than Mandibuzz, a lot more resistances and higher defence
---
FC: 2535-4276-8425, IGN: James.
#7xxxrauberxxx(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2014 2:36:15 PM
yeah but skarmory has less health i wonder who whould take more hits on the physical side?
#8dirkacPosted 7/11/2014 2:37:19 PM(edited)
jamstaere08 posted...
xxxrauberxxx posted...

Skarmory has 2 less weaknesses than Mandibuzz, a lot more resistances and higher defence

Skarmory has lesser Sp. Defense, though, and also worse HP, which are the main selling points for Mandi.

xxxrauberxxx posted...
yeah but skarmory has less health i wonder who whould take more hits on the physical side?

Overall, factoring in HP and Defense, Mandibuzz will be more bulky than Skarmory.
---
Le Surskit God~
#9GShadowBrokerPosted 7/11/2014 2:41:29 PM
dirkac posted...
jamstaere08 posted...
xxxrauberxxx posted...

Skarmory has lesser Sp. Defense, though, and also worse HP, which are the main selling points for Mandi.

xxxrauberxxx posted...

Overall, factoring in HP and Defense, Mandibuzz will be more bulky than Skarmory.

Skarmory has a much better typing to wall physical attacks (it resists a hell lot of physical attacks). Stats alone don't make a pokemon better.
---
FC Pokemon X: 3754-7474-9217. IGN: Gledy.
TSV: 1430. My Trade List: tinyurl.com/ou6xsm4
#10dirkacPosted 7/11/2014 2:45:46 PM
GShadowBroker posted...
dirkac posted...
jamstaere08 posted...
xxxrauberxxx posted...

xxxrauberxxx posted...

Skarmory has a much better typing to wall physical attacks (it resists a hell lot of physical attacks). Stats alone don't make a pokemon better.

No, but the fact that Skarmory will get OHKO'd/2HKO'd by almost every single Special Move, while Mandibuzz is usually able to take one or two is also something that's to be desired for Skarm. The lack of Taunt, Overcoat, and STAB Foul Play also hurt it a lot.
---
Le Surskit God~