This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What do you think of cloning, genning and powersaves?

#1MrPototoPosted 7/13/2014 4:18:57 AM
Do you feel as though cloning, genning and powersaves devalue achievements of legit players, devalue shiny Pokemon and harm the game in general? - Results (711 votes)
Yes - cloning is evil
1.41% (10 votes)
Yes - genning is evil
3.94% (28 votes)
Yes - powersaves are evil
5.63% (40 votes)
Yes - all of the above
32.63% (232 votes)
No
56.4% (401 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Just playing the Devil's advocate here. I've heard complaints about this before, but also staunch support from those in favour of genning and whatnot. My personal opinion is that these things can spoil the game for me. Many times have I considered just putting the game away when I've spent over 100 hours trying to hatch a shiny, 5IV legit Pokemon after thinking "Why am I bothering? I should just gen this. Very few people really care if it's legit or not."
---
"Duty is heavier than a mountain, death lighter than a feather."
3DS FC: 4184-2151-1414
#2FireMage7777Posted 7/13/2014 4:21:40 AM
All 3 are cheating, and cheating is wrong
---
I'm so awesome Gavirulax uses alts and forged PMs to try and troll me
Licensed troll slayer
#3rojsePosted 7/13/2014 4:21:53 AM
Lets reserve words like evil for truly awful stuff which the vast majority of humanity finds abhorrent. As much as I dislike such practices, people that clone/gen/powersave/whatever do not even rate.
---
The Adventure of Miss Jocelyn, Ace Trainer Model Fashionista Extraordinaire:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/69366760
#4LightningAce11Posted 7/13/2014 4:24:02 AM
Unless it gives them an unfair advantage in the game, they can do whatever the hell they want.
---
"Great. I think I got it, but just in case, tell me the whole thing again. I wasn't listening." - Emmet
3DS FC: 0104-0009-5189
#5MrPototo(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2014 4:25:22 AM
rojse posted...
Lets reserve words like evil for truly awful stuff which the vast majority of humanity finds abhorrent. As much as I dislike such practices, people that clone/gen/powersave/whatever do not even rate.

Pragmatism is the way forward!
---
"Duty is heavier than a mountain, death lighter than a feather."
3DS FC: 4184-2151-1414
#6rojsePosted 7/13/2014 4:27:33 AM(edited)
MrPototo posted...
rojse posted...

Pragmatism is the way forward!

The more stuff you label "evil", and the more trivial a circumstance or situation that you apply the label "evil" to, the less the word "evil" means.
---
The Adventure of Miss Jocelyn, Ace Trainer Model Fashionista Extraordinaire:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/69366760
#7legendriderPosted 7/13/2014 4:27:06 AM
Although all 3 are technically cheating, as long as I'm not doing it.....I really don't care what others do.
Like if I get a Pokemon that was one of those 3, the most likely thing is I'd never know. On the chance that I do know, it's not like I'm gonna be rid of it....unless it's a shiny or has a nickname, because I'm iffy like that.
Sooo.....go crazy?

You know, maybe I've just been out of the loop, but are people going back to 'hacking vs non-hackers' again, because that was stupid.
---
Don't play to win, play for fun. Love playing games with people, that's why I love Wi-Fi.
3DS: 1203-9417-6170, PSN: Trixster196, Y IGN: Tommy
#8CaptainZangoosePosted 7/13/2014 4:27:18 AM
LightningAce11 posted...
Unless it gives them an unfair advantage in the game, they can do whatever the hell they want.

It does though. Apparently ye can use Powersaves now to lock Giratina into Origin Form an' then give it any item ye want, still retaining that form. Of course it probably doesn't stop at Giratina, ye can most likely do this to all Pokemon with alternate forms, probably even Megas.

An' of course, ye can use these online too. If that isn't an unfair advantage, I don't know what is.
#917MasterPosted 7/13/2014 4:27:19 AM
"Evil" is an EXTREMELY powerful word and should not be used as lightly as this. It is a video game, for goodness sake.

Now then, I do not care what people do with Genning/Powersaves/whatever. If they use it to make things that are perfectly legal, more power to them for saving time. If they do things that are not legal, as long as they keep those to their own in-game, I have no qualms.
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/17Master
Official Milotic of the Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire boards.
#10The Eternal EvilPosted 7/13/2014 4:27:52 AM
Allow all legendary Pokemon to be breedable.

Problem solved.
---
One Trainer to rule them all, One Trainer to find them,
One Trainer to catch them all and in the Pokeball bind them. Legend of Legacy.