This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What do you think of cloning, genning and powersaves?

#11FireMage7777Posted 7/13/2014 4:28:32 AM
legendrider posted...
Although all 3 are technically cheating, as long as I'm not doing it.....I really don't care what others do.
Like if I get a Pokemon that was one of those 3, the most likely thing is I'd never know. On the chance that I do know, it's not like I'm gonna be rid of it....unless it's a shiny or has a nickname, because I'm iffy like that.
Sooo.....go crazy?

You know, maybe I've just been out of the loop, but are people going back to 'hacking vs non-hackers' again, because that was stupid.

You should care though
---
I'm so awesome Gavirulax uses alts and forged PMs to try and troll me
Licensed troll slayer
#12legendriderPosted 7/13/2014 4:28:44 AM
rojse posted...
MrPototo posted...
rojse posted...
Lets reserve words like evil for truly awful stuff which the vast majority of humanity finds abhorrent. As much as I dislike such practices, people that clone/gen/powersave/whatever do not even rate.

Pragmatism is the way forward!

The more stuff you label "evil", the less the word "evil" means.

Precisely.
It's like, lots of people say they 'hate' things, but 'hate' is a rather strong word, and I'm sure they don't actually 'hate' what they're talking about.....75% of the time.
---
Don't play to win, play for fun. Love playing games with people, that's why I love Wi-Fi.
3DS: 1203-9417-6170, PSN: Trixster196, Y IGN: Tommy
#13LightningAce11Posted 7/13/2014 4:29:00 AM
CaptainZangoose posted...
LightningAce11 posted...
Unless it gives them an unfair advantage in the game, they can do whatever the hell they want.

It does though. Apparently ye can use Powersaves now to lock Giratina into Origin Form an' then give it any item ye want, still retaining that form. Of course it probably doesn't stop at Giratina, ye can most likely do this to all Pokemon with alternate forms, probably even Megas.

An' of course, ye can use these online too. If that isn't an unfair advantage, I don't know what is.

Wait are you serious? This is a thing? Then it's s***** if the other person does this. Genning, cloning and shinifying is alright. But that is a no-no
---
"Great. I think I got it, but just in case, tell me the whole thing again. I wasn't listening." - Emmet
3DS FC: 0104-0009-5189
#14legendriderPosted 7/13/2014 4:29:55 AM
FireMage7777 posted...
legendrider posted...
Although all 3 are technically cheating, as long as I'm not doing it.....I really don't care what others do.
Like if I get a Pokemon that was one of those 3, the most likely thing is I'd never know. On the chance that I do know, it's not like I'm gonna be rid of it....unless it's a shiny or has a nickname, because I'm iffy like that.
Sooo.....go crazy?

You know, maybe I've just been out of the loop, but are people going back to 'hacking vs non-hackers' again, because that was stupid.

You should care though

Okay, so I begin to care......what am I gonna do?
Rant and rave?
SOOOOO many people do it, it's not gonna change anytime soon, if ever.
---
Don't play to win, play for fun. Love playing games with people, that's why I love Wi-Fi.
3DS: 1203-9417-6170, PSN: Trixster196, Y IGN: Tommy
#15MrPototo(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2014 4:30:36 AM
rojse posted...
MrPototo posted...
rojse posted...
Lets reserve words like evil for truly awful stuff which the vast majority of humanity finds abhorrent. As much as I dislike such practices, people that clone/gen/powersave/whatever do not even rate.

Pragmatism is the way forward!

The more stuff you label "evil", and the more trivial a circumstance or situation that you apply the label "evil" to, the less the word "evil" means.

You're right. I'm sorry. MrPototo is a lexical terrorist. The world will have to find new words for terrible deeds as a result of this poll. Seriously though, I see where you're coming from. Sorry if this makes you feel uncomfortable.
---
"Duty is heavier than a mountain, death lighter than a feather."
3DS FC: 4184-2151-1414
#16FireMage7777Posted 7/13/2014 4:31:54 AM
legendrider posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
legendrider posted...
Sooo.....go crazy?

You should care though

Okay, so I begin to care......what am I gonna do?
Rant and rave?
SOOOOO many people do it, it's not gonna change anytime soon, if ever.

Precisely. Enough people do so it becomes looked down upon by the community, less people do it, Nintendo might even take notice and put in place more anti cheating measures
---
Licensed troll slayer
#17Rayquaza_is_ZPosted 7/13/2014 4:33:09 AM
LightningAce11 posted...
Unless it gives them an unfair advantage in the game, they can do whatever the hell they want.

This. Plus, it has done more good for this *cough* community than bad.
---
http://i.imgur.com/gMjdypv.gif http://i.imgur.com/5MmMfYp.jpg
The official Royal Heir of GameFAQs!
#18FireMage7777Posted 7/13/2014 4:34:03 AM
Rayquaza_is_Z posted...
LightningAce11 posted...

This. Plus, it has done more good for this *cough* community than bad.

Cheating can't be good for the community
---
Licensed troll slayer
#19Hachimitsu83Posted 7/13/2014 4:34:23 AM
Nindento is downright evil and shtupid
---
Greater breeder of Team Amaryllis
#20porygon_z_129Posted 7/13/2014 4:37:08 AM
Oh boy,here we go.
---
FC:3539-9813-2428 IGN:James TSV:0444
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/69618882 <-- My "not so very proud" thread