This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What do you think of cloning, genning and powersaves?

#271SuperTails360Posted 7/14/2014 6:57:06 PM
Cheating is indeed wrong, like others pointed out, but as others have said, it's their game, they should be able to do what they want. So be it.

HOWEVER, KEEP THEM TO YOURSELF OR BE UP FRONT ABOUT IT!

If you gen a Pokemon, don't offer it on the trade board as legit, it's not! Some people don't like Genned/Hacked Pokemon, and irregardless of whether yo can tell the difference or not, you should respect their way of playing the game as well, after all, they bought the game (hopefully) in the same way you did, why should their enjoyment be devalued because you want to force your ways on others?

And when you battle, don't use Pokemon that are impossible to get except via cheating. Diancie still isn't available to the general public, neither are Mega Lati@s, you automatically gain an advantage when you do so, not everyone can get those Pokemon, especially if the only way to do so is to cheat. And don't brag about it. You did less work than a breeder did, don't go bragging about how awesome you are and devalue the hard work of somebody who actually worked to get what they got, it's disrespectful in every way possible.
#272FireMage7777Posted 7/14/2014 6:57:13 PM
Inferno05 posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
MadameLuigi64 posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
No, but it wouldn't exist if not for the hack. It's like if I erased your great grandfather from existence, you wouldn't exist. Do you see how this works? What the competition allows is IRRELEVANT, get it through your head

Analogies, huh? Well here's one for you. CHEATING ISN'T A VIRUS. It does not spread from person to person just by contact with a hack. Imagine four people. One of them hacks a 6IV Ditto. He trades it to one of his friends, who starts breeding with it, not knowing that it's a hack. When he's done, he trades a breedject to the third player, who in turn breeds with that, and passes a breedject to the last player, who breeds with that. You're going to go and call all four of them cheaters?

I'm not calling them cheaters, they ARE cheaters

Bolding now. Oh, so impressive. It clearly flies through all the BS to make us believe your ridiculousness. Nah, I just think you can't handle the actual logic being thrown at you. Sorry to tell you, but due to the subjectivity of morality it has no place in a logical debate. It's as useful in an argument as religion is: Just not a viable basis of a point.

There is no morality in this discussion. Try again
---
I'm so awesome Gavirulax uses alts and forged PMs to try and troll me
Licensed troll slayer
#273Inferno05Posted 7/14/2014 7:01:45 PM
FireMage7777 posted...
Inferno05 posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
MadameLuigi64 posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
No, but it wouldn't exist if not for the hack. It's like if I erased your great grandfather from existence, you wouldn't exist. Do you see how this works? What the competition allows is IRRELEVANT, get it through your head

Analogies, huh? Well here's one for you. CHEATING ISN'T A VIRUS. It does not spread from person to person just by contact with a hack. Imagine four people. One of them hacks a 6IV Ditto. He trades it to one of his friends, who starts breeding with it, not knowing that it's a hack. When he's done, he trades a breedject to the third player, who in turn breeds with that, and passes a breedject to the last player, who breeds with that. You're going to go and call all four of them cheaters?

I'm not calling them cheaters, they ARE cheaters

Bolding now. Oh, so impressive. It clearly flies through all the BS to make us believe your ridiculousness. Nah, I just think you can't handle the actual logic being thrown at you. Sorry to tell you, but due to the subjectivity of morality it has no place in a logical debate. It's as useful in an argument as religion is: Just not a viable basis of a point.

There is no morality in this discussion. Try again

"Cheating is wrong." Yes, there is. That's been the only part of your argument that I can't technically debunk, and only because it's subjective.

The rest has been determined (both implicitly and directly) by those who make the rules. The Aegislash was allowed to go on (the player was not DQ'd for it) and the rules are worded so that those bred Pokemon are not considered cheating.
---
Pokemon X 1676-4937-5079 IGN: Reaga SV: 1734
#274FireMage7777Posted 7/14/2014 7:05:49 PM
No, you can't debunk it because it is absolute fact. And the tournament is irrelevant to this discussion. Stop strawmanning troll
---
Licensed troll slayer
#275Inferno05Posted 7/14/2014 7:12:47 PM
It's not strawmanning, it's evidence to my point. It's the definitive example to the whole "children of hacks" debate in competitive play. It was deemed not an infringement, and therefore not cheating.

I see now why you don't argue with logic, you clearly don't understand it.

But I'll give you one more chance to prove my statement on the previous line wrong. Here's the logic chain:

Words like "wrong" and "evil" are negative adjectives used to describe morality. Morality is subjective. Therefore, I submit to you that the phrase "Cheating is wrong" is entirely subjective. Furthermore, subjective statements cannot be fact, only opinion. Therefore, it cannot be "absolute fact", as you have put it.
---
#276rojsePosted 7/14/2014 7:15:29 PM
FireMage7777 posted...
What the competition allows is IRRELEVANT

What the competition allows is the only thing that is relevant.
---
The Adventure of Miss Jocelyn, Ace Trainer Model Fashionista Extraordinaire:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/69366760
#277FireMage7777Posted 7/14/2014 7:19:00 PM
Inferno05 posted...
It's not strawmanning, it's evidence to my point. It's the definitive example to the whole "children of hacks" debate in competitive play. It was deemed not an infringement, and therefore not cheating.

But I'll give you one more chance to prove my statement on the previous line wrong. Here's the logic chain:

Words like "wrong" and "evil" are negative adjectives used to describe morality. Morality is subjective. Therefore, I submit to you that the phrase "Cheating is wrong" is entirely subjective. Furthermore, subjective statements cannot be fact, only opinion. Therefore, it cannot be "absolute fact", as you have put it.

It doesn't matter whether or not you or they want to define it as cheating, it simply IS

I argue with facts

Cheating being wrong isn't an issue of morality, it is simply a fact. And due to it being a fact, can't be a matter of opinion. Class dismissed
---
Licensed troll slayer
#278FireMage7777Posted 7/14/2014 7:20:12 PM
rojse posted...
FireMage7777 posted...

Cheating in the game and cheating in the competition are two different things. Note that the former is more important than the latter
---
Licensed troll slayer
#279Inferno05Posted 7/14/2014 7:25:50 PM
FireMage7777 posted...
Inferno05 posted...

It doesn't matter whether or not you or they want to define it as cheating, it simply IS

I argue with facts

Cheating being wrong isn't an issue of morality, it is simply a fact. And due to it being a fact, can't be a matter of opinion. Class dismissed

See, there you go again claiming that cheating isn't a morality thing. You are aware that cheating (much like any other morality argument) is full of grey areas right? Therefore, there is no objectivity. Because of the many grey areas in topics of cheating (you're blind or naive if you think there are none) it cannot be "fact" that cheating is wrong. That is a situational statement, at best, incapable of creating a blanket statement.

And you're clearly the student. I just wish you'd bother taking notes in class. And by the way, you are trying to claim that you are in a better position to define cheating in Pokemon than the developers of the game or the judges that enforce the rules? This is a whole knew level of white-knighting. You're in no position to make the definitions unless you are either the maker or enforcer of the rules, and you are neither.
---
#280Inferno05Posted 7/14/2014 7:28:45 PM
FireMage7777 posted...
rojse posted...
FireMage7777 posted...

Cheating in the game and cheating in the competition are two different things. Note that the former is more important than the latter

So you're arguing that cheating in the single player portion is wrong? Is that what we're supposed to get from that? Now you're arguing that the purpose of single player games is not personal enjoyment, where you are definitely wrong. Cheating in single player is neither right nor wrong, it can only be fun or not fun. And even then it's subjective, I for one find RPGs more fun if I shorten the grind and get to the meat of the game (hopefully challenging boss fights and story)
---