This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Save Data Backup/Transfer? (Digital Copy)

#1Blk_Mage_CtypePosted 7/16/2014 2:15:31 PM
So I just got a larger SD Card that I want to transfer my save data to, but it's not giving me the option to do so. Is there any way to transfer my save data from one SD Card to another so that when I redownload the game I can keep my save file?
---
I imagine Bethesda's Quality Testing Department a big, dusty room filled with cobwebs, and a chimp wearing a Fez banging on the keyboard of a single computer...
#2DoctorBrockPosted 7/16/2014 2:48:36 PM
Do you want to move everything from that SD card to a new one? Or just the Pokemon XY save file?
---
"Rather than in the bigger box, happiness seems to be stored in the smaller one."
#3Blk_Mage_Ctype(Topic Creator)Posted 7/16/2014 2:53:48 PM
Just Pokemon X/Y.
---
I imagine Bethesda's Quality Testing Department a big, dusty room filled with cobwebs, and a chimp wearing a Fez banging on the keyboard of a single computer...
#4DoctorBrockPosted 7/16/2014 3:23:59 PM
I'm afraid you can't do that. It's all or nothing.
---
"Rather than in the bigger box, happiness seems to be stored in the smaller one."
#5Blk_Mage_Ctype(Topic Creator)Posted 7/16/2014 4:24:12 PM
DoctorBrock posted...
I'm afraid you can't do that. It's all or nothing.

Okay then, how do I transfer all of it?
---
#6SuperTails360Posted 7/16/2014 4:45:44 PM
You just copy the contents of the SD Card to your computer, then copy those contents, WITHOUT ANY MODIFICATION, to the new SD Card.

At that point, anything you don't want can be deleted from System Settings. If you modify even a single thing while it's on the computer, you risk losing ALL of your save data.
#7Blk_Mage_Ctype(Topic Creator)Posted 7/16/2014 5:09:17 PM
SuperTails360 posted...
You just copy the contents of the SD Card to your computer, then copy those contents, WITHOUT ANY MODIFICATION, to the new SD Card.

At that point, anything you don't want can be deleted from System Settings. If you modify even a single thing while it's on the computer, you risk losing ALL of your save data.

Tried this, and it doesn't work. The games all show up at first, but if you try to launch any of them it tells you that you need to redownload them from the eShop, try to do that and it gives you an error, then all of the games disappear from the menu, and all future attempts to download anything from the eShop begets additional errors.
---
#8ineeddrugzPosted 7/16/2014 11:11:40 PM
I'm experiencing the same problem. I have digital vers of both games on the same Sd card. Only pokemon y is able to be copied to my computer whilst x just refuses to be copied. The difference btwn games? X has the pokemon link option and y doesn't. I believe this very thing is preventing it to be copied. I'm lost and can't figure out a way around this.
---
3DS: 5112-3586-4083
NNID - brooklynwolf
#9Blk_Mage_Ctype(Topic Creator)Posted 7/17/2014 4:10:58 AM
The thing that's got me is that I've searched the web for solutions, and so far the only ones I've found are only for transferring a physical copy save file to an SD Card or otherwise just plain don't work, regardless of claims to the contrary, leading me to wonder if they've since been blocked by firmware updates.
---