This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Weirdest things you have experienced in a pokemon game

#1AnthonyBrock2Posted 7/16/2014 6:39:09 PM
The two most memorable ones for me are from gen 1 and 3.

In gen one I had a copy of blue. When my I got bulbasuar all the way up to venusaur it changed typing from grass/poison to grass/water. It could even learn water based moves (don't know how it just did).

in gen three put two female pellipers in the day care and when I came back I had an egg and it did indeed hatch into to a wingull.
---
Gamertag:SonowRaevius,psn:SonowRaevius
Youtube:sonow666.
#2FuneralCakePosted 7/16/2014 6:50:14 PM
When I was playing Red, Giovanni showed up in my house after I defeated the Elite 4 and he gave me a Mewthree.

And then one time I was playing Blue and was trying this thing that someone told me about some truck near the SS Anne, and there was a Mew underneath the truck!

F***ing crazy stuff right there.
---
BUBBLE BUBBLE BUBBLE POP BUBBLE BUBBLE POP POP
| 3DS FC: 3437 - 4335 - 3104 | | Friend Safari: Panpour, Wartortle, Frogadier |
#3lawlnopePosted 7/16/2014 6:52:02 PM
ITT: It's the 90s.

ok
---
Haunter is the best.
#4AnthonyBrock2(Topic Creator)Posted 7/16/2014 6:58:28 PM
FuneralCake posted...
When I was playing Red, Giovanni showed up in my house after I defeated the Elite 4 and he gave me a Mewthree.

And then one time I was playing Blue and was trying this thing that someone told me about some truck near the SS Anne, and there was a Mew underneath the truck!

I would rather not be mocked. I know I have no wait to prove my claims but please don't be a blatant fool...
---
Gamertag:SonowRaevius,psn:SonowRaevius
Youtube:sonow666.
#5lawlnopePosted 7/16/2014 7:00:51 PM
AnthonyBrock2 posted...
FuneralCake posted...

I would rather not be mocked. I know I have no wait to prove my claims but please don't be a blatant fool...

Don't talk to Cake like that.

Fool.
---
Haunter is the best.
#6Lord_ChivalryPosted 7/16/2014 7:01:19 PM
I have a female Gardevoir in the daycare right now ALONE and I'm getting EGGs.
---
Master of the Knights
#7LexifoxPosted 7/16/2014 7:01:28 PM
AnthonyBrock2 posted...
I would rather not be mocked.

Well, then I suggest you find your way out of here.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#8FuneralCakePosted 7/16/2014 7:01:58 PM
lawlnope posted...
Don't talk to Cake like that.

Fool.

Yeah!

Honestly, I don't have to prove what happened to me either, because I know it really happened. I'd rather you don't patronize me by assuming I'm making things up, because that's actually really insulting.
---
#9West_WindsPosted 7/16/2014 7:02:59 PM
I think the weirdest thing I had happen was in Gen 1. I had a level 3 pikachu and I was on Cinnabar island. I fished up I think a Goldeen and had the pikachu in my first slot so it would get the exp and I switched it for a higher level pokemon and knocked out the Goldeen getting a few levels for the pikachu.

The Pikachu would then evolve without a thunderstone. I was able to reproduce this by saving and reloading over and over but I never did try it with another pikachu. I'm guessing it's one of the many Cinnabar island glitches.
#10FuneralCakePosted 7/16/2014 7:09:16 PM
West_Winds posted...
I think the weirdest thing I had happen was in Gen 1. I had a level 3 pikachu and I was on Cinnabar island. I fished up I think a Goldeen and had the pikachu in my first slot so it would get the exp and I switched it for a higher level pokemon and knocked out the Goldeen getting a few levels for the pikachu.

The Pikachu would then evolve without a thunderstone. I was able to reproduce this by saving and reloading over and over but I never did try it with another pikachu. I'm guessing it's one of the many Cinnabar island glitches.

This is an actual thing, but it can happen with Growlithe instead of Goldeen.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_glitches_in_Generation_I#Evolutionary_stone_bypassing
---