This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Theoretical New Type

#1PTDemonspankerPosted 7/18/2014 6:08:59 PM
The Light type - a more literal form of light compared to the Fairy type's supernatural form of light.

Super Effective against: Ghost (Ghosts don't play during the day), Steel (heated up during intense sunlight), Fairy (Likes to stay hidden away from human eyes), Dark (Nocturnal)

Not Very Effective against: Electric (similar in concept so they resist), Grass (Plants take in sunlight), Fighting (Nice tan!),

Zero Damage against: Ice (Ice is transparent so Light passes right through)

Weak to: Grass, Dark (Diurnal),

Resists: Light, Fire, Fairy (They don't want to expose themselves), Ghost

Type changes
Mega Manectric: Electric -> Electric/Light

Gigalith: Rock -> Rock/Light

Manaphy: Water -> Water/Light

Electivire: Electric -> Electric/Light

Volbeat/Illumise: Bug -> Bug/Light

Sunflora: Grass -> Grass/Light

Ninetails: Fire -> Fire/Light

Florges line: Fairy -> Fairy/Light

Rotom now has a Ghost/Light flashlight forme. Knows the move Light Flash, a Light type Vacuum Wave.

Ability Changes
Illuminate is now a Light type Refrigerate. It's field effect is the same.

Move Changes
Flash and Morning Sun are now Light type moves.

Most Electric type Pokemon can learn a few Light type moves. Any Pokemon with glowing body parts (Malamar, Lanturn, Ampharos) can learn Light type moves.

Photon Charge - Light - Physical - 90 BP - 100 ACC - Light type Wild Charge. Tutor-able.

Photon Force - Light - Special - 90 BP - 100 ACC - 10% Chance to reduce Accuracy. Tm-able.

Solar Flare - Light - Special - 110 BP - 70 ACC - 50% Chance to reduce Evasion. Can't miss in intense sunlight. Tm-able.

Shining Fist - Light - Physical - 80 BP - 100 ACC - Targets Special Defense. Tm-able.

Light Flash - Light - Special - 40 BP - 100 ACC - Priority move.

Shine Beacon - Light - Status - Heals yourself by 50% but reduces your evasion by one stage.
#2mrballerswagginPosted 7/18/2014 6:12:02 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#3Lonta_Beans3Posted 7/18/2014 6:12:35 PM
Huh.
---
ok - People that agree: 999999999.9 - Started 7/2/14
3DS FC: 1289-8495-8484 IGN: Lonta | Skype: lontabeans
#4lawlnopePosted 7/18/2014 6:12:55 PM
Seems ok.

Nothing terrible but nothing good.
---
Haunter is the best.
#5mrballerswagginPosted 7/18/2014 6:13:11 PM
Lonta_Beans3 posted...
Huh.

ok
---
FC: 1478-4162-6801 IGN: Ariel | http://i.imgur.com/1OetWCv.jpg
Poetry: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8dmKzLhHYY | Member of the Root Clan
#6newuser2000Posted 7/18/2014 6:14:18 PM
I think Fairy encompasses beings of light and goodness well enough.

Should they make Light Screen a Light move? I don't know.

I think the fact that they've only introduced one type since GSC is a good thing. There are already too many types. That's why several types (Poison, Psychic, Grass, Bug) are often pushed to borderline irrelevance.
#7KyaineyPosted 7/18/2014 6:14:26 PM
http://i.imgur.com/76cdK59.png
---
http://i.imgur.com/76cdK59.png me IRL This post contains opinions. If you feel offended, please see a doctor immediately.
3DS FC: 3797 - 7146 - 0278
#8Faust_8Posted 7/18/2014 6:28:12 PM
Rocks are heated by the sun too and you don't see them being weak to Fire or anything like that, like Steel is.

I just don't get Steel's weakness to it.

All in all, like I said, it's not terrible...it's just not really necessary either.
---
"It's hard to reason people out of positions they didn't reason themselves into."
--JonWood
#9The_Undying_84Posted 7/18/2014 6:35:17 PM
I like it better than Fairy.

Faust_8 posted...
Rocks are heated by the sun too and you don't see them being weak to Fire or anything like that, like Steel is.

I just don't get Steel's weakness to it.

All in all, like I said, it's not terrible...it's just not really necessary either.

What I don't get is how Electric is not SE on Steel. When I head Steel type was getting in, the very first type I figured it'd be weak to was Electric.
---
PSN: TheUndying84
#10DeadpoolMewtwoPosted 7/18/2014 10:40:48 PM
So it's SE against Dark and Dark is SE against it? That doesn't seem right. Overall, I don't really like the idea of the light type, doesn't solve any apparent problems.
---
3DS Name: Deadpool FC: 5429-7982-0261 TSV: 1775
BR-ALL-AR