This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

something weird with Pokerus or am I definitely doing something wrong ._.?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. something weird with Pokerus or am I definitely doing something wrong ._.?
11 months ago#11
Power saved pokerus
---
Dood... http://wp.me/1EBnQ
"The best thing to happen to Linux is the release of Vista." Jack
11 months ago#12
Pokerus never gets cured or heals. It's always there. It just becomes non-contagious. If it got cured, you wouldn't be able to still get double EVs.

At any rate, this has apparently happened to some other people, and nobody really know why it happens. You don't even need Pokerus, though, since EV training with hordes is extremely fast.
---
UNICORN BLOOD UNICORN BLOOD UNICORN BLOOD UNICORN BLOOD
| 3DS FC: 3437 - 4335 - 3104 | | Friend Safari: Panpour, Wartortle, Frogadier |
11 months ago#13
Sora_Anbu posted...
Power saved pokerus

Are you sure?
Welp; Shouldn't trust what I get from Wonder Trade...
At any rate... Does this mean that if I grab a Pokémon the Pokérus of which I know is original (As it is one of my own), would it work?
---
So... I never thought I'd get to change this sig. But I have a Shiny of each Eeveelution now!
---Self-Proclaimed Glaceon of the Pokemon X Board
11 months ago#14
FuneralCake posted...
Pokerus never gets cured or heals. It's always there. It just becomes non-contagious. If it got cured, you wouldn't be able to still get double EVs.

At any rate, this has apparently happened to some other people, and nobody really know why it happens. You don't even need Pokerus, though, since EV training with hordes is extremely fast.

Yeah, that's true!
This is going to sound ridiculously whimsical of me, but truth be told...
I want the little "healed" face on my Shiny Glaceon's summary xD
---
So... I never thought I'd get to change this sig. But I have a Shiny of each Eeveelution now!
11 months ago#15
If Powersaves is at fault, it probably gives the Pokemon an illegal Pokerus strain, which could be why it just disappears when the Pokemon should become non-contagious.

I'd say yeah, try infecting it with a Pokemon that you know has legitimate Pokerus. If it still disappears... I don't know what to tell you.
---
UNICORN BLOOD UNICORN BLOOD UNICORN BLOOD UNICORN BLOOD
| 3DS FC: 3437 - 4335 - 3104 | | Friend Safari: Panpour, Wartortle, Frogadier |
11 months ago#16
Well, from what I've tested the power save prus dissipates in a few days (less than normal I'm assuming, but when the pokemon infected with the psrus infect another, it's the real prus
---
Dood... http://wp.me/1EBnQ
"The best thing to happen to Linux is the release of Vista." Jack
11 months ago#17
It'll be midnight over here in 10 minutes...
I'll check if my entire party (all infected with the same -perhaps powersaved- strain) loses it.
I need to confirm something, just to see if I understand the logic behind it...
---
11 months ago#18
FuneralCake posted...
If Powersaves is at fault, it probably gives the Pokemon an illegal Pokerus strain, which could be why it just disappears when the Pokemon should become non-contagious.

I'd say yeah, try infecting it with a Pokemon that you know has legitimate Pokerus. If it still disappears... I don't know what to tell you.

Yes! They, indeed, are no longer infected once the 12am mark passed!
So here's my theory now:
The Pokémon were, indeed, infected with an "invalid" strain of Pokérus, most likely a genned/PSd one. Once midnight comes and the game has to calculate whether or not to cure the infection, it detects the invalid strain and resets the bits related to Pokérus to their default, non-infected values so that the Pokémon's data doesn't get corrupted!
I'll try the legitimate Pokérus today and check again come midnight.
This is very interesting!
---
11 months ago#19
Okay, they're infected with the different strain now. I'll report next midnight!
---
11 months ago#20
Midnight's getting close over here...
Time to solve the mystery of these "illegal" strains!
---
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. something weird with Pokerus or am I definitely doing something wrong ._.?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived