This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Really need help with team PLEASE!

#12mmratPosted 7/19/2014 9:07:48 PM
I have never ever created a competitive team and well here is the disastrous result...

gengar w/ wide lens
shadow ball
hypnosis
dream eater
sludge bomb

garchomp w/ yache berry
substitute
hone claw
dragon rush
stone edge

electivire w/ muscle band
brick break
thunder
ice punch
earthquake

kingdra w/ zoom lens
hydro pump
ice beam
rain dance
dragon pulse

volcarona w/life orb
quiver dance
fiery dance-fire
bug buzz-bug
roost

mawile w/mawilite
iron head
play rough
swords dance
rock slide

i really dont want to train new pokemon as these took forever :/ so if anyone could help me with suggestions on how to fix it to any better level i would be grateful.

i realised that mawiles ability changes when mega too late so sheer force is useless and i am thinking of making my gengar mega instead by getting rid off hypnosis and dream eater

also i gave kingdra rain dance for thunder on electivire and soon found out how stupid that was -.- and the electivire always faints before anything can happen

the moveset for garchomp doesn't really work for me, he still dies before i get a hit in

i think the volcarona is fine, but do correct me if thats not so

ALL of these pokemon are lacking in speed, they are 4/5iv for other stats and i am going to ev train them soon

Please suggest what new moves or items i can give to the pokemon
#2newuser2000Posted 7/19/2014 9:20:01 PM
I'm trying to be nice.

*You should list abilities, they're like the fifth move. Make sure you have the best possible natures too.

*Are you playing on the cartridge or on online simulators with illicit rules and formats?

*Run an Adamant Choice Scarf on Garchomp. He's borderline slow in X/Y, but he's faster than every non-boosted pokemon scarfed. Breed one with egg move Iron Head to wreck Rocks, Ice and Fairies with 100% accuracy and a 30% flinch chance. Outrage is good on Scarfchomp in singles.

*Use a Focus Sash on Gengar.

*Kingdra is only good (amazing) on Rain teams. If you had rain on your team, Electrive's Thunder would be 100% accurate.

*Maybe an air balloon on Electrive if you aren't happy with item.

That is all. Just be sure that when you mean to build a competitive team, you want a team that can beat the best teams. Ultimately, you might find yourself discovering a weakness to the best strategies and have to make a change, or even just adopt the best strategy. That would be competitive.
---
Dry, dyslexic, and soulless posts about Pokemon strategy and doubles.
#3newuser2000Posted 7/19/2014 9:21:44 PM
I still sounded mean. Good luck anyways. Just be open to making changes if things aren't working out.
---
Dry, dyslexic, and soulless posts about Pokemon strategy and doubles.
#4Hikari5xPosted 7/19/2014 9:25:36 PM
speed is everything, unless your running trick room pokemon or stuff as slow as ferrothorn, you need speed. sorry but your really going to have to rebreed, because you'll be outsped a lot causeing your pokemon to faint, like your garchomp. reason he dies so quickly is because base 100 pokemon might be outspeeding him, and he was given 102 base speed to take advantage of.

as for the movesets and stuff like that

your gengar should have timid
garchimp jolly
electivire could have multiple, if you plan on running him a mixed set
kingdra modest or timid
volcarona modest or timid
mawile adamant

for mawile, take out rockslide and put sucker punch in there

volcarona is good, but if we get better move tutors in ORAS, giga drain is an option instead of roost

should try focus energy kingdra with scope lens, crit rate ignores damage drop so you could put draco meteor on there, take out rain dance and dragon pulse. also ability should be sniper

for garchomp you could do choice band/scarf or lum berry. take out dragon rush and substitute. put in dragon claw or outrage, earthquake. for the last two slots. you could choose to go with hone claws, or use swords dance, last move should be rockslide or stone edge

for gengar you could go all out attacker with coverage moves. or you could try the substitute disable set. a new one people have been running is him as a suicide pokemon, using destiny bond to take out threats after he's done damage. i would recommend black sludge or focus sash on him for whatever set you run.

for electivire some people run a mixed set on him, since most of his good moves are special. i don't know of any good sets, so you should try looking up one, or look at what smogon has to offer i guess. anyways i would suggest that you get a rapid spinner/defogger, and if you had to replace someone it would be him
---
FC : 4012-3749-9731
IGN : Cecil TSV-3837, SID-14132
#52mmrat(Topic Creator)Posted 7/19/2014 9:31:02 PM
Lol dw about being mean

thanks for the help :D

Gengar-levitate-modest
Garchomp-rough skin-jolly
electivire-motor drive-quirky
kingdra-sniper-modest (thinking of ability capsule if i keep rain dance)
volcarona-flame body-modest
mawile-sheer force-jolly
#6RAcastBlasterPosted 7/19/2014 9:34:34 PM
2mmrat posted...
Lol dw about being mean

thanks for the help :D

Gengar-levitate-modest
Garchomp-rough skin-jolly
electivire-motor drive-quirky
kingdra-sniper-modest (thinking of ability capsule if i keep rain dance)
volcarona-flame body-modest
mawile-sheer force-jolly

Timid for Gengar
Jolly or Hasty for Electivire (the latter if you choose to run a mixed set with Thunderbolt to keep Skamrory from walling you)
Mawile won't be outspeeding anything, use Adamant.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Y (Name: Ensei), Xenoblade Chronicles, 3DS FC: 2277-7562-5299 FS: Ghost @ Drfiblim, Lampent, Pumpkaboo
MegaGross! :D
#72mmrat(Topic Creator)Posted 7/19/2014 9:34:59 PM
Thanks so much Hikari5x, im going to start making my changes now