This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

RNG needs to be banned from competative battles

#21darkdragonflamePosted 7/21/2014 6:22:11 AM
BryceIronwing posted...
Right. so lets remove ALL the luck/RNG from the game. what would that do.

well confusion is a coin flip. so lets remove that
Paralasis is a coin flip on being able to move. so we'll get rid of that as well.
Sleep? dont get me started. Off with it.
now lets see. moves that have a increased crit chance? nope. cant have that. Chance on Status effect moves? nope get rid off em.
Metronome? well not really a competetive move. but its a RNG move all the way. Away with it.
Dragon tail. whirlwind? they force a Random poke out. so must be removed.

right. so now we filtered out about 60-70% of the moves. lets go to abilities.

in fact. why not remove ALL abilities. as some block crits. some remove status effects. some randomly increase things. better to remove them all for balance.

Now once you finished this. tell me.... Wont the game be boring that way?

Don't forget min-max damage.
---
3DS FC: 3411-1678-2866
#22BryceIronwingPosted 7/21/2014 6:45:45 AM
darkdragonflame posted...
BryceIronwing posted...

Paralasis is a coin flip on being able to move. so we'll get rid of that as well.
now lets see. moves that have a increased crit chance? nope. cant have that. Chance on Status effect moves? nope get rid off em.
Metronome? well not really a competetive move. but its a RNG move all the way. Away with it.

in fact. why not remove ALL abilities. as some block crits. some remove status effects. some randomly increase things. better to remove them all for balance.

ah yes my bad. and double-team/sand attack. evasion and lowered accuracy shouldnt be allowed... and while we're at it. all moves have a 100% hit rate now. enjoy games of sheer cold/guilotine =)
---
FC:3411-1020-3784
Wonder Trade is a gamble.Sometimes you hit it big, sometimes the middle finger of fate comes in the form of a level 2 Pidgey. Missingno_Mastr
#23LexifoxPosted 7/21/2014 6:48:13 AM
BryceIronwing posted...
darkdragonflame posted...
BryceIronwing posted...

ah yes my bad. and double-team/sand attack. evasion and lowered accuracy shouldnt be allowed... and while we're at it. all moves have a 100% hit rate now. enjoy games of sheer cold/guilotine =)

you guys are really bad at hypothetical balance.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#24BryceIronwingPosted 7/21/2014 6:49:30 AM
you either do it right and remove all RNG chances. or you dont do it at all. no exceptions.
---
FC:3411-1020-3784
Wonder Trade is a gamble.Sometimes you hit it big, sometimes the middle finger of fate comes in the form of a level 2 Pidgey. Missingno_Mastr
#25LexifoxPosted 7/21/2014 6:55:17 AM
What I said stands.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#26pokemon2pokerPosted 7/21/2014 6:58:06 AM
Stop crying about luck in a luck based game. It really makes you look like a deplorable person.
---
NJT
#27MadDogRaidPosted 7/21/2014 7:05:12 AM
Pokemon is game of strategy and luck, you know, some trainer is lucky enough that their Hypnosis or Focus Blast hits consecutively while your pokemon's play rough or heat wave miss in tight situation, the truth is, without RNG, pokemon is just another DQM.....
---
My 3DS FC: 1693-2773-5518 PSYCHIC Safari, Vivillon Pattern: Jungle
PM if you want to trade, but i can only trade during weekend :)
#28LexifoxPosted 7/21/2014 7:06:24 AM
MadDogRaid posted...
Pokemon is game of strategy and luck, you know, some trainer is lucky enough that their Hypnosis or Focus Blast hits consecutively while your pokemon's play rough or heat wave miss in tight situation, the truth is, without RNG, pokemon is just another DQM.....

...But DQM (at least the first one) was great.
---
#29ThornAernoughtPosted 7/21/2014 7:06:58 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#30MadDogRaidPosted 7/21/2014 7:08:21 AM
Lexifox posted...
MadDogRaid posted...

...But DQM (at least the first one) was great.

Dr. Snaped would like to battle!
---
My 3DS FC: 1693-2773-5518 PSYCHIC Safari, Vivillon Pattern: Jungle
PM if you want to trade, but i can only trade during weekend :)