This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

My country is one of those countries that think Pokemon is anti-religion...

#31harold317Posted 7/21/2014 5:37:21 AM
[quote]wow, you need to get more and actually talk to ppl. creationists are all over the 'evolution' aspect and now there's a pokemon god. pokemon is banned in the middle east for those reasons. i mean damn, at least read about it online[/quote]

Haha yeah I remember that, it was all over the news when Pokemon was starting to get wildly popular in the late 90s. It was also criticized because it somehow promoted real animal violence such as cockfighting, dog fights, etc, which animal defendants weren't happy about either. Very similar to PETA's recent Tanooki Suit freakout when SM3DL got released.
#32wh0_kn0wsPosted 7/21/2014 6:09:16 AM
Shiang posted...
Catholic reporting in. Nobody cares about Pokemon.

pokemon reporting in. no one cares about catholics
---
it's simple. just be nice.
#33lawlnopePosted 7/21/2014 6:16:01 AM
And flame war starts in 3....2....1....
---
I'm invisible on here. Fan-f***ing-tastic.
#34GroosetasticPosted 7/21/2014 6:19:37 AM
BIGFELLAH26 posted...
What I find funny is that the catholics think Pokemon is the most evil thing around yet Pope John Paul loved it.

Shiang posted...
Catholic reporting in. Nobody cares about Pokemon.

Yeah, you must not be Catholic, because Catholicism is actually fine with evolution and science. It's the southern Baptists that I must deal with every day that hate Pokemon (sorry if I generalized them, I know a lot if people raised in that faith that are normal, pleasant people.)
And TC's country sounds a lot like the southeast United States.
---
Official Welcoming Committee, Groose Fan Club Chairman, Royal Jester, and Job Thief of The Legend of Zelda Wii U Board
#35MadDogRaidPosted 7/21/2014 6:21:19 AM
One Question: Where Do You Live, TC??
---
My 3DS FC: 1693-2773-5518 PSYCHIC Safari, Vivillon Pattern: Jungle
PM if you want to trade, but i can only trade during weekend :)
#36SirkPosted 7/21/2014 6:22:45 AM
There used to be a little Christian distaste for Pokemon where I lived, I think it was based on there being psychic-types, but that belief is basically nonexistent there now. If TC is serious (which I doubt), then he's talking about a middle eastern nation or one similarly ultra-controlled by religion, because no western country is so opposed to Pokemon to be generalized like that.
---
It takes both rain and shine to make a rainbow.
#37Defender31415Posted 7/21/2014 6:24:04 AM
TheFightingPoly posted...
"They're modifying God's creations!!1!1!!2121!1!"

That's a new one to me, and I keep track of this. Modifying them how? C.S. Lewis modified God's creations by making them talk. Do Christians quit enjoying Narnia?
---
--- LG Nuzlocke Team: Percy (Blastoise), Sora (Pidgeot), Xena (Primeape), La-Z-Boy (Snorlax), Caitlin (Kadabra), Astrapos (Raichu)
#38MadDogRaidPosted 7/21/2014 6:24:23 AM
Even taliban don't do this
---
My 3DS FC: 1693-2773-5518 PSYCHIC Safari, Vivillon Pattern: Jungle
PM if you want to trade, but i can only trade during weekend :)
#39MarioKart1234Posted 7/21/2014 6:29:43 AM
actuatedkarma posted...
Oh is that the landover baptist thing on pokemon?

Do you know the cranky old man
#40Megaman OmegaPosted 7/21/2014 6:32:17 AM
I Defender31415 posted...
Do Christians quit enjoying Narnia?

Only those that can't distinguish between reality and books/movies/games.
---
LOL at all the whiners and trolls. They know Vita tv and new model will kill all competition. Festering wounds for the Nintendrones by the gallons. - karissa1