This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Fairy Aura is inferior in every way to Pixilate right?

#11Gogito4Posted 7/22/2014 6:48:45 PM
Metleon posted...
Fairy Aura boosts the moves power by 33.3%, while Pixilate only boosts it by 30%. Moonblast also has 95 BP compared to Hyper Voice's 90. So Fairy Aura is better on Xerneas unless it could somehow get Boomburst, Techno Blast, or Judgement. Extremespeed could certainly work on it as well, since it still has high Atk.

Please, no E-Speed Deer. He's already bad enough as is!
---
Tales of Xillia 2... here I come!
Dissidia 012: Main:Terra Subs:Squall,WoL,Cloud and Kain.
#1297eml1Posted 7/23/2014 4:06:34 PM
Strictly speaking, not really when they do different things which can be differentiated, it's just that it depends on the moves spoken of, that determine if one is better overall than another. That has little to do with the Abilities themselves and more on their users. For example, Pixelate Hyper Voice is generally inferior to Fairy Aura Moonblast, but in theory Pixelate Return would be better than Fairy Aura Play Rough. Pixelate is also at least potentially, much more abuse able than Fairy Aura since it can affect moves such as Quick Attack and Extremespeed, but this would hardly be the case if a Fairy Priority existed. As I said earlier, it strongly depends on the Pokemon and their moves to determine if one is better than the other.
#13Alpha218Posted 7/23/2014 4:16:02 PM
RJrockstar posted...
CaptZangoose posted...
jamstaere08 posted...
CapnZangoose posted...
I'd say Doubles, but I'm pretty sure ye can't use Xerneas, the only Pokemon to 'ave it in any legitimate Doubles format, so aye, probably.

what happened to the other account, captain?

I got it got suspended fer posting a link to software in me' sig. Miraculously I managed to survive the suspension, but now it still be' warned, so I'm just using alts fer now until I get full posting capabilities back on me' main.

You know thats against the rules right.

Just saiyan. A mod can suspend both accounts for that if you say so publicly and a account is warned/suspended. I run have shown my alt once or twice but never revealed it openly that it was me. I also use a proxy, just in case.

Having an alt isn't against the rules, in fact I know mods who have them

Account sharing with someone else breaks the rules and that's when bans happen
---
I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite user on the Citadel.
3DS FC: 5429-8904-8022 (Andrew) Friend Safari: Flying - Pidgey, Tranquill, Hawlcuha
#14KeyserVancePosted 7/23/2014 4:39:26 PM
Metleon posted...
Fairy Aura boosts the moves power by 33.3%, while Pixilate only boosts it by 30%. Moonblast also has 95 BP compared to Hyper Voice's 90. So Fairy Aura is better on Xerneas unless it could somehow get Boomburst, Techno Blast, or Judgement. Extremespeed could certainly work on it as well, since it still has high Atk.

Doesn't Hyper Voice get the STAB and the Pixilate boost? That gives it higher BP than Moonblast.
---
3DS Friend Code: 3110-5068-2757
Grass type Friend Safari with Sunkern, Petilil, and Maractus
#15celticpride6Posted 7/23/2014 4:47:05 PM
KeyserVance posted...
Metleon posted...

Doesn't Hyper Voice get the STAB and the Pixilate boost? That gives it higher BP than Moonblast.

Moonblast gets Stab and a boost from Fairy Aura as well. Pixilate gives a 33% boost and Fairy Aura gives a 30% boost.

252+ SpA Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Abomasnow: 262-310 (68.2 - 80.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Pixilate Xerneas Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Abomasnow: 243-286 (63.2 - 74.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Moonblast out damages.
---
I'll think of something creative to put here another time.
#16_KGC_Posted 7/23/2014 4:48:45 PM
KeyserVance posted...
Metleon posted...

252+ SpA Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Arceus: 195-231 (43.9 - 52%) -- 13.3% chance to 2HKO

252+ SpA Pixilate Xerneas Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Arceus: 180-213 (40.5 - 47.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Moonblast is already STAB so that cancels out. Now its a 95 BP move getting a 33% damage boost vs a 90 BP move getting a 30% damage boost. Obvious winner to that. lol
---
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there."
- Yogi Berra
#17_KGC_Posted 7/23/2014 4:49:13 PM
Jeez, I'm slow. :(
---
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there."
- Yogi Berra