This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ultimate pokemon catching pokemon?

#21The_DragonwPosted 7/24/2014 2:38:55 AM
rojse posted...
Smeargle learns anything, including False Swipe, Spore and Soak. I've found it to be quite a good catching pokemon, although it has a weak False Swipe.

But it has STAB False Swipe.
---
The official Super Enraged Shadow Lugia of everywhere
#22Chaosmaster00Posted 7/24/2014 3:34:02 AM
Telepathy is Gallade's Hidden ability.

No it's not. It's Justified. Kirlia loses Telepathy when Kirlia evolves into Gallade. Gardevoir keeps Telepathy though.
---
3DS FC: 1590-4884-9269 | PKMN X - IGN: Sapphire [Fire FS: Growlithe, Charmeleon, Braixen]
The true Triple-Completionist of the Denpa Men series! Mad respect!
#23NOMPosted 7/24/2014 3:42:24 AM
I use Gallade

Hypnosis
False Swipe
Mean Look(could switch this out for Thunder Wave)
Psychic
---
3DS Friend Code: 4725-8115-3842 IGN - Steve
Friend Safari: Ice - Snover, Bergmite, Piloswine - hyogman(Airam) traded me a perfect Japanese Ditto and I OWE him.
#24pokemonfreak97Posted 7/24/2014 8:59:09 PM
Breloom gets Spore (100% accurate sleep move) if you level it up as a Shroomish long enough and False Swipe by TM.
---
Generation (pi)(i).
When you see this, raise e to the generation and add 1. Social experiment.
#25CaptainZangoosePosted 7/24/2014 9:02:33 PM
Far from "ultimate" but the Pokemon I like to use be' the Bank Celebi we got at the start of the year.

Since ye weren't able to reset the nature, I got stuck with a s***y Gentle Celebi with max IVs in both Attack an' Special Attack as well as something else (not Speed). Basically as far from competitively viable as ye could possibly get.

Instead of using it fer serious battles, I decided to make it me' capturing Pokemon, keeping "Hold Back" the unique move it got fer the event on it.
#26NINKOjINPosted 7/24/2014 9:05:12 PM
I haven't quite found the perfect Pokemon that I want yet, but if I did, it would have:

Illuminate

Mean Look
Spore
False Swipe/Super Fang
Foresight/Odor Sleuth

Likely give it a Silk Scarf if using False Swipe. For now I am using a team of Baton Passers that can basically handle anything that comes my way, though. First one having the Mean Look to take care of runaways. I also have Thunder Wave for stuff that can't be put to sleep, and Thief if I am just after a rare item.
---
"I see opinions. Walking around like regular facts. They don't see each other. They only see what they want to see. They don't know they're opinions."
#27NuzlinkPosted 7/24/2014 9:11:36 PM
CaptainZangoose posted...
Far from "ultimate" but the Pokemon I like to use be' the Bank Celebi we got at the start of the year.

Since ye weren't able to reset the nature, I got stuck with a s***y Gentle Celebi with max IVs in both Attack an' Special Attack as well as something else (not Speed). Basically as far from competitively viable as ye could possibly get.

Instead of using it fer serious battles, I decided to make it me' capturing Pokemon, keeping "Hold Back" the unique move it got fer the event on it.

Pretty much the only thing my Celebi wound up doing. Then I was trying to catch a Solrock, it might of resisted it but I was still 50 levels higher, and it did a little over half.
---
THERE SHALL BE MUCH REJOICING!! PRAISE FLAREON!!!
#28drgoku282Posted 7/24/2014 9:21:10 PM
I use Smeargle with this:

Smeargle @ Silk Scarf/Metronome
Ability: Technician
Nature: Adamant
252 Atk 252 Spe 4 HP
False Swipe
Spore
Soak
Filler move

Smeargle has low attack so I used metronome or Silk Scarf to give it more power, Spore explains itself and Soak is for Ghost, Steel and Rock types which can take normal hits but also for Grass Types which can't be put asleep by Spore. The last move is your choice, my recommendations are Mean Look, any move that changes or supress foe's ability or something like Fly.
---
FC: 2552-0898-0592 | IGN: Lalo | TSV: 2001
Safari: Pidgey, Hoothoot, Rufflet
#29RikkuEcRudPosted 7/24/2014 9:54:52 PM
Smeargle
Moody
Spore
False Swipe
Soak
Simple Beam/Gastro Acid

The Moody ability buffs Smeargle up, if you're lucky it'll give him evasiveness or whichever defense is helpful when facing something strong enough to threaten a level 100 Smeargle, like Mewtwo or your legendary bird.

Spore for fully accurate sleep.

False Swipe for lowering Pokemon to 1 HP

Soak lets you hit Grass types with spore, hit Ghost types with False Swipe and makes False Swipe unresisted by Rock or Steel types. Can also be used to remove STAB from enemies tough enough to threaten Smeargle and increase the catch rate of Net Balls if you want to use them on a non-Water, non-Bug Pokémon

Simple Beam and Gastro Acid let you check which ability the Pokémon has and lets you put Pokémon with Insomnia or Vital Spirit to sleep.

Alternatively there's other things you can situationally use over Soak and/or Simple Beam/Gastro Acid:

Mean Look/Block/Spider Web to stop Teleports

Ingrain stops Roar, Whirlwind, Circle Throw and Dragon Tail

Imprison can be used with a move that the Pokémon knows that you don't want it to use while you're trying to capture it. Such moves can include Teleport, Roar, Whirlwind, Circle Throw, Dragon Tail, Self-Destruct, Explosion, Take Down, Double Edge, Submission, Volt Tackle, Flare Blitz, Brave Bird, Wood Hammer, Head Smash, Wild Charge, Head Charge, Jump Kick, Hi Jump Kick, Memento, Perish Song or any other move I can't think of that has the potential to KO the wild Pokémon or end battle prematurely.

You may also want to lead with a Gardevoir or Beheeyem that has the ability Telepathy and knows Skill Swap when in areas that has hordes that kill each other(Seviper/Zangoose, Durant/Heatmor, Geodude, Graveler) so that you can skill swap with the Pokémon you want to catch to protect it from its "teammates". I know the first few weeks the games were out I heard of a lot of players losing a shiny Seviper on X or Zangoose on Y because the rest of the horde beat them down the first turn, and I've also heard occasional complaints of shiny Geodudes being hit by Magnitude and dying.
---
Tuac yhoputo amca kad dra vaamehk dryd Rikku yht Paine yna macpeyhc fedr aylrudran? E tuipd E's dra uhmo uha...
3DS FC: 4227-2004-2467
#30DeadGhostFirePosted 7/25/2014 1:49:33 AM
Smeargle:
-Spore
-False Swipe
-Recover
-Douse

>Paralyze with Spore
>If it's a type not affected by False Swipe, use Douse to turn it into a Water Type
>False Swipe
>Recover
>???
>Profit
---
X | Ghost | 5386-8473-2322 | Machoke, Breloom, & Throh | Event/Shiny Collector | Currently Making A Living Dex To Help Out Peeps. Also, Ghosts are awesome.