This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can someone critique my team?

#11ThornAernoughtPosted 7/23/2014 8:15:48 PM
Best way to figure out issues is to explain your strategy out step by step and thinking about what you would do to counter it.
#12legendxofxskyPosted 7/23/2014 8:16:02 PM
TropiOUs posted...
is this for vgc singles

Probably VGC Triples. Using a mixed weather combo is too good in Triples.
---
3DS FC: 3110 5108 4293, IGN: Kalosian, Offical Mega-Swampert of GameFAQs!
You shouldn't comment on a meta you don't understand. -Verlisify.
#13ImEggnog(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2014 8:19:56 PM
legendxofxsky posted...
ImEggnog posted...
No I haven't tried showdown. The rain is really just a speed boost for gorebyss until it gets off shell smash

You need to read my signature.

How do I not understand the meta game?
#14legendxofxskyPosted 7/23/2014 8:24:10 PM
ImEggnog posted...
legendxofxsky posted...
ImEggnog posted...
No I haven't tried showdown. The rain is really just a speed boost for gorebyss until it gets off shell smash

Because, you clearly do not know how to build a team, let alone talk about how it works together.
---
#15wolf riderPosted 7/23/2014 8:29:37 PM
Wow, people are being unnecessarily mean.

TC, generally speaking, over-elaborate set ups like yours are pretty risky. Just make this team on Showdown and see how it goes.
---
Pkmn Y IGN: Yagi
FC: 0447 6935 5049 TSV: 2357
#16ImEggnog(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2014 8:32:03 PM
legendxofxsky posted...
ImEggnog posted...
legendxofxsky posted...
ImEggnog posted...

Because, you clearly do not know how to build a team, let alone talk about how it works together.

Bronzong sets up stealth rock and rain dance the first 2 turns. Then espeon sets up reflect and light screen turns four and five. Then gorebyss uses shell smash and substitute if its safe or immediately baton passes if not. The baton pass can go to almost anyone on my team but dragonite is the one that it is meant for. And I have a tyranitar and an alakazam if things go wrong for dragonite.

I don't see how this is a bad enough team for it to "clearly show how I do not know how to build a team"
#17legendxofxskyPosted 7/23/2014 8:33:21 PM
wolf rider posted...

TC, generally speaking, over-elaborate set ups like yours are pretty risky. Just make this team on Showdown and see how it goes.

Not my fault people live the #ScrubLife

#BasedVerlisify
#VGCSinglesMasterRace
---
#18ImEggnog(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2014 8:35:03 PM
wolf rider posted...

Ok I think I'll try that then. I'll do several battles to see how my team works out and find what needs to be patched up or replaced.
#19legendxofxskyPosted 7/23/2014 8:38:41 PM
ImEggnog posted...
legendxofxsky posted...
ImEggnog posted...
legendxofxsky posted...
ImEggnog posted...

Bronzong sets up stealth rock and rain dance the first 2 turns. Then espeon sets up reflect and light screen turns four and five. Then gorebyss uses shell smash and substitute if its safe or immediately baton passes if not. The baton pass can go to almost anyone on my team but dragonite is the one that it is meant for. And I have a tyranitar and an alakazam if things go wrong for dragonite.

I don't see how this is a bad enough team for it to "clearly show how I do not know how to build a team"

Ok.

First Turn:

You: Sent out Bronzorg
Opp: Sent out Thunderus.

Opp: Thunderus used Taunt
You: Bronzorg can't use Stealth Rocks.

Second turn

You: switched out for Espeon
Opp: Thunderus used Knock Off, super effective, Espeon Fainted.

GG your team. Any Taunter will win over you team. Plus, your team relies too much on baton Pass, and those bad EV sets will not let them last alone by themselves.
---
#20ImEggnog(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2014 9:05:14 PM
Wow I completely forgot about taunt. I'm gonna change my team to a lead, 2 tanks, 2 sweepers, and a wall or support. I'm gonna keep dragonite, alakazam, and tyranitar but is dragonite a sweeper or a tank? Im going to make a DD dragonite set.