This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Friends in PSS gone since playing with a different game

#1Sygma01Posted 7/27/2014 10:33:16 AM
So I was playing with my friends version of Y on my 3DS against passerbyers, obviously I had to connect to the internet. After I did, I got a message saying "friend list had been updated" or something like that, and different friends appeared on my PSS screen. No biggie, this isn't my usual game, so whatever

Now when I do play my version of X on my 3DS still none of my friends show back on my PSS. Just three people out of about 60.

Solutions? (Yes, I connect online, so let's skip that step)
#2Lonta_Beans3Posted 7/27/2014 10:34:39 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#3FuneralCakePosted 7/27/2014 10:36:52 AM
The only solution is to see them again on the PSS.

When you play on a different system, the friends registered in that system become the friends in your game. So, the real solution I guess would be to go back in time and not use a different 3DS.
---
UNlCORN BLOOD UNlCORN BLOOD UNICORN BLOOD UNlCORN BLOOD
| 3DS FC: 3437 - 4335 - 3104 | | Friend Safari: Panpour, Wartortle, Frogadier |
#4ashrobbPosted 7/27/2014 11:31:05 AM
Is not a big deal. Whenever they're online again you will see them. Friend Safari does not get affected by this.

This is actually a good practice for people who add/delete a lot of friends, since they doesn't disappear from PSS even if their FC is deleted.
---
Home is where your chargers are~
#5FuneralCakePosted 7/27/2014 11:39:21 AM
ashrobb posted...
Friend Safari does not get affected by this.

It does, actually, since the Friend Safari is entirely based on the friends you have registered in your 3DS. If you switch systems, it will act as if you had never seen any of your friends online before, so you lose access to their third Pokemon and the hidden abilities. The only way to get access to those again is to see that friend online, which is problematic for people who have added a ton of friends that don't go online very often.
---
#6ashrobbPosted 7/27/2014 11:49:03 AM
FuneralCake posted...
ashrobb posted...
Friend Safari does not get affected by this.

It does, actually, since the Friend Safari is entirely based on the friends you have registered in your 3DS. If you switch systems, it will act as if you had never seen any of your friends online before, so you lose access to their third Pokemon and the hidden abilities. The only way to get access to those again is to see that friend online, which is problematic for people who have added a ton of friends that don't go online very often.

Just did the test (I have two consoles and only one game, my PSS friend list is empty but my console have over 80 friends). Every safari remains intact in its behavior, I can access all three Pokemon and their HA. Even those I haven't entered yet (but have met online before the console switch) have the three mons and HA.
---
#7FuneralCakePosted 7/27/2014 11:52:56 AM
Well, that's not what happened when I tested it. Maybe it only takes effect if you save the game while using the other system. I'm not going to suggest trying it, just in case, but either way, I got different results.
---
#8ashrobbPosted 7/27/2014 11:59:44 AM
Oh, I've saved in the other system as well. I commonly switch between consoles while the other is charging and so on. Really, zero troubles with the friend safari besides the avatars being lost.
---