This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What would theoretically be the best pure offensive moveset?

#1SOAD5657Posted 7/28/2014 5:01:13 PM(edited)
You know. As far as what four move types would have the absolute best coverage? Fire/Water/Rock/Dark or something? Idk, I haven't thought about it enough.

Physical/Special/Mixed, whatever you want. I mean, mixed would probably be ideal.
---
GET a load of THIS!!!!!
#2BaconLiciousPosted 7/28/2014 5:02:49 PM
Fighting/Ghost/Electric/Ice all on one Moveset.
---
Somebody get me a motherf***ing table to flip!!
#3Zeeky_BombPosted 7/28/2014 5:04:50 PM
Ability: Aerialate

Boomburst
Earthquake
Ice Beam
Close Combat

This probably isn't the best combination, but I'd think it would have to include Pixilate/Aerilate Boomburst.
---
Formerly known as The Slurpee Man
http://i.imgur.com/8bYS93x.gif http://i.imgur.com/P7SwoOp.gif (P1 love)
#4Lord_ChivalryPosted 7/28/2014 5:06:43 PM
Zeeky_Bomb posted...
Ability: Aerialate

Boomburst
Earthquake
Ice Beam
Close Combat

This probably isn't the best combination, but I'd think it would have to include Pixilate/Aerilate Boomburst.

Togekiss
Air slash
Shadowball
Flamethrower
Aura Sphere
---
Your friends? How about my army?
#5MetleonPosted 7/28/2014 5:12:21 PM(edited)
Well Ghost/Fighting will give perfect neutral coverage until they make a Normal/Ghost Pokemon. Back in Gen 4, the types that would do the most damage to OU as a whole went Special Rock, Special Ice, Physical Ice, Physical Rock but that didn't take into account the fact that Special Rock moves completely suck.

So I have a feeling that Blizzard+Zap Cannon for psuedo BoltBeam coverage with higher damage would be good. After that, Fire Blast would hit Magnezone and Rotom-F SE, which both resist BoltBeam, as well as hitting the many Steel-types in OU.

I can't think of much to put in the last slot, but Psyshock would probably hit Blissey harder than any other move we could give this thing, assuming it would be a pure special attacker.

Edit: Ah forgot about Boomburst. Refrigerate boosted Boomburst would easily replace Blizzard and I don't think Aerlirate Boomburst would work best on this particular moveset.
---
3DS FC: 5257 - 9998 - 2632
Pokemon Y Name: Benjamin
#6635atomPosted 7/31/2014 11:10:42 AM
Something with no guard, fissure, sheer cold, dynamic punch, zap cannon. Oh, and with 999 in every stat and an item that makes it so the opponent can't attack it and infinity hp and no weaknesses and wonder guard and an ability that makes it so you win instantly if it is sent into battle and a free cookie giving robot and swag and, and, idk lasers?
---
I believe in Jesus Christ. If you do too, and aren't afraid to admit it, put this in your signature.